Telling Dad(11)

We arrived home outside my door and once again I could feel the anger bubbling from underneath the door I knew dad was there behind it ready to shout down my throat , he'd had over an hour to prepare his speech. Zelvena looked at me she frowned. I smiled at her.
"Why are you smiling?" She laughed
"Because I'm done with being shouted at I'm going to give him a taste of his own medicine I'm sick of being shouted at , I'm sick of it all. And you being here , you breaking me out of this cycle. I refuse to stand for it." I laugh and I hug her and her icy arms wrap around me again her eyes flicker and she smiles revealing her fangs.
"I'll stay out here " she said and stepped back.
I grab the handle and yank it down , push it open and walk right in . I quickly smile at Zelvena before I slam the door and walk threw into the kitchen and make myself a drink
I heard him come storming out from the living room and stand behind me
"The hell do you think your doing lately?! " he shouts
"You can't do what you want you cant act how you want you can't , you can't..."
I interrupt him "be myself? You want me to be whatever you want I'm not allowed to be different I'm not allowed to be me?"
"That's not what I meant Holly!!!!" He shouts.
"You Follow my rules , you do as your told and from now on you go to bed early! If I ask you to clean , to do your homework you do it!!! And your make up?! I'm throwing it out!!!!! " he snarled.
I spat out a lot of my water into the sink and faced him
"You do that , and I'll pour every bottle of alchohol you have down the sink , I'll smash the tv up and I'll bin all your clothes! " I shout , and for once in my life I wasn't going to hold back I wasn't going to stop myself I was going to shout until I could shout no more.
"Don't you are speak to your father like that , your a disgrace to this family Holly!!"
I laugh sarcastically
"Says the alcoholic "
He stands for a minute breathing heavily. There's just silence
"I'm sleeping at a friends for a while I'm going to pack some stuff and then I'm going"
"I DONT THINK SO , YOUR GOING TO BED!!!!"
I look at him , put down my water and go upstairs and start packing my things
I pack make up , clothes, my teddy mum got me when I was a baby, he was a little golden bear and I called him moonlight. I used to hug him whenever I was upset. Well I still do. I put him in the suitcase along with everything else I need and zipped it up. Then went back downstairs.
"What now ?! YOUR MEANT TO BE IN BED!" She shouted
I stand near the door with my suitcase
"I told you where I was going , to be honest dad I don't think you care where I go or what I do"
"Yeah well so what if I don't?! I gave my word to your mother I'd do my best to look after you! "
"Your meant to love your daughter , not just pretend you do because you have someone your word!! "
He looked angry and stormed back into the room and flung himself back into the sofa and continued watching tv.
For a minute I just stood there and realised that I might as well just take this chance to go. I opened the door shouted bye and slammed it behind me.

"Woah" said zelvena "your pretty fiesty and strong when your mad"
I laugh , "I guess there's only so much I can take, at least my dad knows where I'm going now and I can finally enjoy my self with you in .... in ? What's it called? "
"The vampire world is called Darkveil." She smiled and her eyes flickered black.
I look down at my suitcase and at Zelvena
"I'll be alright won't I? "
"You'll be more then alright , you'll love it. It will be like a huge sleepover with me! "
"Dad never let me have sleepovers" I smile a little
"Well who cares what he thinks right now , welcome to my world.." she smiled brightly showing over her large icy white fangs " a world of darkness."