Chapter eight- slow down

David POV:

We grab chipotle and head back to my house.

My siblings are asleep and my mom is at some meeting with the mayor so I take Liza into my room.

"Wow." Liza stands in awe of my room. "You have an astrology themed room."

Her eyes are drawn to my ceiling, which is painted to resemble the solar system.

"I'm kinda a dork." I'm lying through my teeth, but it's working.

"Oh my god! Look at this telescope!" Liza rushes over to the window.

She aims it to the night sky and looks though the eye piece.

"Here, look." I come up behind her and wrap my arms around her.

Liza immediately freezes up.

I smirk.

Liza turns around and put faces are only inches apart.

If she's as gullible as I think she is then I have the bet in the bag tonight.

I lean in slowly and Liza suddenly takes in a sharp breath and turns away.

"I'm sorry, this was a bad idea. Can we slow down?" Liza is as red as a tomato.

"I thought you liked bad boys?" I'm truly confused.

"I- I, I just think that I need a real man. You said you were a man but clearly not." Liza starts towards the door.

I'm not about to let that sweet piece of sugar slip through my fingers.

"Liza, I'm sorry. We can take it as slow as you want." I grab her by the forearm.

Liza looks at me with her beautiful brown eyes and I hate that I can feel myself crumbling.

"Alright, I'll stay." I motion for her to sit on my bed.

She sits down reluctantly.

"Okay, you want to take it slow? Let's get to know each other then." I know the first rule of being a bad boy is never let your walls down but I can't help it.

"Sounds good." Liza smiles.

"So what do you want to know?" I smile too.

"No, you ask me a question first!" Liza pokes my shoulder.

"Whatever you say, m'lady! Okay, do you have any siblings?" I ask.

"Yes, I have two sisters. Rachel and Olivia." Liza nods.

(Yes those are their names, I'm a stalker 🙃😂)

"Now you ask me a question."

"Alright, do you have any siblings?"

"Yes, three. There's Toby, he's six, and then the twins." I lie down on my back.

"Your question David." Liza lies down next to me.

"Favorite color?"

"Red, the color of passion. Favorite band?"

"Um, blink- 182. Favorite subject?"

"Dance, I'm on the dance team. Favorite food?"

"Pizza. Where do you want to travel?"

"New York. What do you want your major in?"

"Film if I were to go to college. What about you?"

"Um- English. I want to write a book eventually. Secret talent?"

"Juggling. Secret hearts desire?"

"To start a YouTube channel. Pet peeve?"

"Loud eaters. Would you date me?"

"Yes. Favorite movie?"

"Finding Nemo. Favorite TV show?"

"Finding nemo?" Liza sits up to look at me.

"Yes. Well it's Toby's favorite movie and I've just watched it so many times."

"That's the best thing I've ever heard." Liza claps her hands and burst into laughter.

"Oh you wanna talk about my favorite movie why don't we talk about the fact that you said you'd date me!" I smirk and Liza stops laughing.

"Wha- well..." Liza sputters.

"That's what I thought. Now it's my question: want to go on a date with me tomorrow?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Alright." Liza says, "pick me up at 8."

She starts towards the door.

"That wasn't a question." I call after her.

"I know."

I want to be mad at myself, for opening up, for asking her out but every time I think of  Liza's beautiful smile I feel myself falling and it feels amazing.

Authors note-
This is my favorite chapter so far! Love y'all and another big thanks for 1k reads!