Chapter 13

Hey guys, i'm just warning I haven't been having a great past few days, much worse than I am used to so these next few chapters may be a bit depressing. I love you all thank you for the support. ------

"Y.n?"

The fairly new teacher for your science class called your name on the endless cyber list of names. You responded with the word "Here." Looking up slightly before looking down again at the wooden desk once more.

The memory from last night shook you. Your long sleeves shirt hid the multiple bruises and marks the killer left on you. More importantly what will happen to you if you don't give in to those thoughts and Jack for years. How will you end up?

Your head became heavy as it banged furiously as you thought blocking the noise around you.

'Why go to this place?' Jack spat at you mentally 'you're not going to gain from it.'

You ignored it as you lay your head flat on the desk. He was right, again. You had nothing to gain from the importance of the chloroplast in leaf and plant cells or what the value of X is. Even turning up here was a waste of time. "I know." You whispered to your demon quietly.

"Jack?"

"What?"

"What would happen if this continued for years? This .. Torture."

"I'm sure you'd graduate from school in a year or two." He chuckles to himself for a moment avoiding the question.

"Y.n?" The teacher called out scanning to find you. His actions had made you jump and raise a hand. "You need to go to the councillors room." The teacher shouted something which most people would have preferred to keep quiet including yourself. You never had visited her. Or him. You wasn't sure who they were. You didn't protest and grabbed your bag, collecting a hall pass and walking out of the room. You felt a pair of eyes follow you as you did, looking back you saw Callum's vibrant eyes following your silhouette.

---

"Hello, Y.n." The middle aged woman smiled as you shut the wooden door. She was exactly how a receptionist or counsellor would look like. Short blonde hair, somewhat wrinkled skin covered by plaster-like layers of make up. Overall she was very classy looking.

"Hello." You greet with a fake smiled, shaking the manicured hand.

"Please take a seat." She smiled and walked behind her desk, in her burgundy office skirt suit. You did as she offered before placing your bag down to the side.

"It seems that one of your classmates are concerned about you after the Brandon incident."

You looked at her questioningly. "I don't believed I have changed in any way."

"Well what we do here is offer any type of help if needed, counselling, just somewhere to calm down." She smiled "Not saying you need it, Hun. But if there is any type of help you need that's why I am here. We haven't informed your parents of the message we had received unless it is a serious issue."

You nodded. "If it was made by the boy I think it's probably because my phone has gone missing. So considering I'm normally a chatty person he probably became a little concerned." Lying came too you easily for you. You had been doing it for so long it was almost like a talent.

"He said that you have been acting differently."

"Studying and visiting Brandon is a bit of a hand full." You laugh a little. "But I am managing well."

She smiled allowing the wrinkles in her face to show as she grinned a toothy smirk. "I'm glad to hear. But please if anything just come up here and ask for Julie."

"I will. Thank you ever so much." You smiled back and stood, shaking her hand one more time before exiting and dropping your act.

'Dear me, Y.n. You are an extremely skilled liar.'

"Learn from the best." You whisper before heading to the your next lesson. An English lesson. Perfect.

"We will be continuing the work from last lesson before presenting it to the class." The teacher announced not caring for the class's behaviour or noise. You had to used a range of sentence structures to create an emotive piece of text based on the topic of dreams.

You did the experience of feeling nightmares. As you began writing you glimpsed at the teen looking at you before back at his work. Callum couldn't keep his eyes from you. He scanned you, inspecting your movements and appearance. You knew he had arranged for you to that painfully short meeting.

Questions burned violently in the back of your mind as your s.c soft hand scribbled on the crisp page writing the first words to come to mind. You could barely take not knowing why he had done what he did.

"Callum?"

He turned around and glared at you, not expecting you to sound so agitated. He raised a brow in a questioning way.

"I don't need counselling."

He instinctively looked down and sighed "I thought you could open up to a professional and help y-."

"Everyone stop writing!" The teacher demanded, making the twenty or so teens stare blankly like an army of robots to the teachers command.

"A random selector has chosen ... Y.n to do her performance first."

"Fuck." You growled lowly before sighing and standing.

The numerous students had eyes glued to their work, phones or each other as you stood in front of the somewhat dusty board. The teacher silenced everyone forcing more attention and pressure on you.

"Dreams are not only what we dream about at night. It moulds a future in success in big life changing opportunities or desires. But I'm not going to preach about how 'everyone is capable of everything' which I'm sure we have all heard a thousand times. But the nightmares, the consequences of life, the bad things."

You pause. Multiple pairs of wide eyes glare at you and your anxiety builds up. Your palms turn sweaty as well as your boiling blushing face.

Yet you continue.

"Don't get me wrong it's not in a depressing or heart breaking turn of events. But the harsh reality of all of it is that there are people who fail in which you try to succeed in. There are people who still are failing in bigger and smaller things. But no one ever hears the story of the girl who didn't make it or the boy who is trying. They don't show off the accomplishment of the misunderstood teen with many struggles. They show glamour, expectations, just the flashy dream of teenagers everywhere. Game, wealth and health. But the thing which I believe makes this a nightmare is that you get scared. You feel the tower of your stresses build until you feel like falling. You may not reach it, then what? The harsh and tough training for a long time for nothing more than a disappointment? I don't dream. I don't set the bar to the points where I won't ever reach. I keep my ambitions simple. Because dreams can change. But with the purity of happiness you will see your true potential- whether it is less or more than you expected it to be."

The class was silent. It made your hands shake under pressure.

"But that doesn't mean quit. You can do so many things yet there is so many people are incapable of and the failure which may happen. Failure comes in success but along the way there will always be a person dragging you down or a part which seems impossible; that it might be but if you think it is possible for it. Just go with it."

The class had no reaction. You don't think anyone was listening, all the better for you in honesty.

"Thank you." You say and rush to your seat.

"Very well said, Y.n." You heard Callum whisper.

"Thanks." You say shortly. "You're speaking to me after lesson."