(22) Ryou-Chan Gets Married

Both of them sat in the middle of chattering and clunking in a restaurant having their lunch, in complete silence. None of them uttered a single word. She was trying her best to suppress her anxiety while he looked calm and collected like always.

"Nozumi.."

"Y-Yes?"

"Are you okay?" 

"Yes. Why do you ask?" She answered in a monotone.

"Just. You don't look like your usual self."

"Glad that you are worried. I am okay."  

She smiled while still trying hard to suppress those hard feelings. Both fell into silence again. After the lunch, both parted ways. She went back to the Villa while he returned to his work. Meanwhile, she wanted to know about Ishimori. With her determination, she gathered her courage until her husband was back home and finally she asked,

"Seijuro, Is there something you are hiding from me?" 

"Nothing." 

"Are you- Nevermind.."

*Thursday - 04.30 PM*

"Shintaro, Are you done? Let's go have some snacks.." 

"Yeah, I am coming." 

Nozumi and Midorima walked out of the hospital and headed towards their favourite restaurant. Before they step in, she saw two familiar faces. One of the both was her day dream and another was her nightmare. She paused at that moment and walked out of that place.

"Oye, Nozumi! Nozumi!" 

"Shintaro, let's go to the Sushi house in the evening. I don't want to go home." 

The scenario in the restaurant and looking at her face, he understood something was going really wrong in her life. 

"But, you have to tell me everything before that. Why were Ishimori and Akashi together in there?"

She was unable to breathe she wanted to cry out loud. But could not contain it. Her best friend patted on her head, now the tears that her eyes held were uncontrollably flowing out. She tugged his shirt and started to sob. 

"We will have to talk about this. Wait here, I will get your things." 

Sitting at a near by Sushi Shop, she cried her heart out and said about how Ishimori came back to her life. She was feeling insecure with the secret agreement between the two, she had nowhere to run and nowhere to go. She felt trapped and now with Ishimori back in their life she was losing the very last hope she had.

"It's okay Nozumi, I am sure she won't do anything. Well, she has nothing left to do. You & Akashi are now married to each other, things that happened in the past won't repeat. At least I won't let that happen." 

Hearing his best friend's words she got that very last ounce of hope she lost and nodding her head she walked back to home. Unaware of the fact that someone was impatiently waiting for her to get back home.

"Where were you until this late Nozomi?"

"I just happened to stop by a Sushi House."

"With whom?"

"My colleagues." 

"Colleagues or Midorima?" 

"..." 

"I asked you something."

"Shintaro.." 

"I think that your shift is supposed to be up until 4 PM, why were you with him for this long?"