37 - Home for the Holidays

Said I was going to update tomorrow but I have some things to get done tomorrow and I'm afraid I might forget to, so it's here a day early!

Better early than late, right? 

________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 37 - Home for the Holidays

Ducking down, I dodged Carson's blow of cake batter that would've nailed me right in the face.

As I stayed crouched to the floor, my hand searched the counter. When I found what I was looking for, I resurfaced, chucking the egg in the Carson's direction. It landed with a loud smack, right in the center of his chest and I let out a full bellied laugh.

Clutching my stomach and doubling over, I felt a slimy wetness slide up the back of my head. In front of my eyes, the brown goo dripped to the floor, ironically caking to my hair.

"You little!" I lunged at Carson, wiping my hand down my face, and smearing it across Carson's cheek. We both broke out in laughter, ignoring the mess around us.

"What the hell."

Our heads spun towards Levi. He stood in the archway, chocolate batter dripping on our heads from the fan above us.

"Umm." I turned sharply, attempting to make a fast escape out the back door but the floor and my feet were slathered in the thick liquid, resulting in the inevitable.

Me in a heap on the floor.

"Ow." I laid on my side gripping my elbow. I used it to break my fall and pain was now coursing through it.

Carson bent down, scooping me up with his arms under my armpits. I steadied myself against the counter and inspected my immediately bruised arm.

"I don't think I can move it." I tried to straighten it but the piercing pain was unbearable.

Levi looked annoyed. Carson looked worried. I felt both of those emotions.

"Let's go." Levi grunted and grabbed his keys.

Melissa helped me wash my hair and get myself dressed. I figured I would be okay in some black leggings and a loose t-shirt. It was actually one that Brett left behind when he left. He had forgotten a small load of laundry in the dryer and I borrowed the shirt for bed, thinking it was Levi's. It never bothered me that it was Brett's, and so I never bothered to get rid of it.

I actually hadn't worn it since Carson and I started dating but I wanted to be showered and in something comfortable before heading to the emergency room. In a big city, you could end up waiting an entire night to be treated.

My hair was still soaking wet and left damp streaks down the shirt but I enjoyed the coolness it brought. Usually hospitals are chilly but it didn't seem that way tonight. With it being the middle of winter, they had the heat cranked.

A grey haired man walked through the curtain that surrounded my bed and shook my hand. "Hello there, I'm doctor Murphy. I know you were already asked but protocol is that I hear it myself, how did this happen?"

"Um, we were having a food fight." I felt slightly embaressed for my childish behavior. I was a young adult now, and I should probably start acting like one.

"You and?" He looked between from Levi, to Carson, and back to me.

"Him." I pointed to Carson.

"Okay, and you fell?"