"Everyone is going to that party tonight! It's all over social media, has been since this morning. Bunch of college kids along with high school kids are going," she replied. "Literally the talk of the school."

I rolled my eyes and groaned. "Of course he spreads it everywhere. Is everyone going?" I asked, looking around.

"Yeah, most are."

I shook my head. "So can I hang at yours?" I asked.

She looked down at her feet, her hair hanging over her face. "I can't. Veronica is forcing me to go shopping with her tonight. She's going to the party but I declined," she replied in a small, quiet voice.

I hid the disappointed in my eyes as I nodded. "Okay. See you later."

She nodded and walked off. My shoulders hunched. Great, my only friend is now a minion to Veronica.

Fantastic.

Note the sarcasm.

The bell rang and I made my way to my Form room, then I walked to the gym.

Half of the girls had already changed so I rushed to get into my P.E. uniform. When I walked out of the change rooms and onto the court, I saw our same substitute teacher holding a bag full of basketballs.

I internally pumped my fist into the air. Finally, the one sport that I could actually play really well. I don't know why, but I always had a knack for basketball. I grinned and sat down in the bleachers, awaiting the teachers instructions.

People were chatting amongst each other while the coach got the equipment. I sighed and shut my eyes, daydreaming.

Until...

Something poked me.

I cracked open an eyelid to see Blake, grinning. "Ready to play some basketball, S?"

"S?" I asked, referring to his new nickname for me.

He shrugged. "Easier than saying your full name."

I rolled my eyes. "And yes, to answer your question, I am excited to play."

Then, I felt a presence on the other side of me. I didn't even have to turn around to know who it was. "Hi Jordan."

"'Sup," he chuckled.

Before we could talk anymore, the coach blew a whistle. The rules were explained, saying that we had to be in groups of three. There would be seven groups in total.

"Now, get into groups," the coach said, ordering us to pick our own groups. Everyone started moving into groups while I awkwardly stood up, alone.

Well, I was until I felt arms sling themselves over my shoulders. I looked up to see Jordan on my left and Blake on my right, their arms around my shoulders. I noticed some girls giving me dirty looks too.

I rolled my eyes. I guess we were in a group. It's not like anyone else would've picked me.

We played basketball for most of the lesson, easily defeating all of the teams. The games were spread out on two courts, so four groups were playing at one time. Each game lasted for five minutes, the team with the most points at the end of the five minutes would win.

Ours and another group had to play the last game.

One of the kids who didn't have a group had to be an referee for our game. Unfortunately, he was the best friend of one of the kids from the other group.

God, I hope this game was going to be called fairly.

He blew the whistle and threw the ball up, making Blake and some other group jump to hit it.