The funeral

Dan's pov:  

A week had past since me and Hollie had, had our argument. We were both back to normal but i still couldn't get over it, i can't believe i would let Hollie go so easily, she means everything to me. But i had to forget about it because today was Hollie's mum's funeral. She had kindly invited the lads, the 1975, Lauren and Jordan and i along, she said we were the people that mean the most to her. I had never met Hollie's mum but from the sound of things she sounded like a lovely woman. I turned over in my bed to face Hollie sleeping peacefully. i had to wake her, it was 11 and the funeral was at 1. i tapped her gently and she stirred, i tapped her again and her eyes slowly opened. She moaned and wriggled causing me to chuckle.  

"Do i have to get up?" she asked her eyes closed. i sighed, knowing how she must feel. i stoked her hair and nodded. She huffed and swung her legs over the bed. She got up and walked into the bathroom. I grabbed my phone and collapsed back into the bed. I had received multiple texts.

Matt:

See you later mate, hope Hollie's okay give her all my love x

for some reason this text made me angry. I don't know why, he doesn't even love Hollie!

i read the other texts.

lauren:

Okay, i sent this to all the boys. Remember to wear suits nothing casual okay! i know what you boys are like and please don't say anything that may upset Hollie! We have to try and make today bearable for her. oh and yes you can wear converse Dan!

I laughed at the end of the text and read the rest of the texts before i got up to get changed. I walked into the other shower room and got into the shower. I got out and wrapped a towel around my waist and walked into my bedroom Hollie was sitting on the bed in just her underwear on her laptop. We both blushed. causing us both to laugh. i collapsed down on the bed next to her.

"I'm dreading today. I'm glad you guys are coming though. I couldn't cope with judgmental family members by myself!" she giggle and i pulled her into a hug. 

"Hey Hollie, everything is going to be okay, i promise you! We're all here for you, we're your family now and may i say so myself your family's now pretty wicked!" She smiled and grabbed my shirt hiding her head in my chest. She pulled away and went to get dressed. I did the same. I opened my wardrobe and grabbed a suit i had just got dry cleaned, it was all black except for the shirt. i laid the suit on the bed and went to style my hair, i then got dressed and decided to see how Hollie was getting on.

She was sat at her dresser and was applying her makeup. i sat on the bed behind her and started humming along to the music coming from her phone. she smiled in the mirror.

She then handed me the hair brush and i gathered she wanted me to brush her hair. I stood up and started brushing, we didn't speak we just enjoyed each others company. I finished brushing and she put on a black short dress and her black converse. I smiled and grabbed her hand and walked down the stairs. It was going to be a long day.

Hollie's pov:

i arrived at the church with everyone following me. I caught sight of a few people i knew, but one stood out in particular. James! I ran over to him and embraced him in a hug, he had grown up so much. i pulled away and wiped away his tears with my hand.

"Hey don't cry Jame's, shes in a better place now. I've missed you!" I smiled slightly he laughed, choking on his tears. I heard talking form behind me, i guessed it was the lot so i decided to introduce them to James.

"Guys this is my cousin James! James this is Dan my boyfriend, Lauren youve met her before, Jordan, Will, Woody, Kyle, Matt, George, Ross and Adam! The boys are from Bastille and The 1975!" I smiled as everyone introduced themselves.

When everyone was finished we all walked into the church and sat down. I looked around at everyone who was already here, trying to avoid looking at my mothers coffin that was at the front of the church. I felt someone touch my shoulder, it was Ross. I smiled at him softly as he gave me a nod.

"May everyone take there seats please!" The vicar said at the front of the church causing everyone to turn quite.

"We are gathered today to celebrate the life of Anna Taylor, a mother, a daughter, an aunt, a cousin, a friend, a wife. We should not grieve over her death but remember and celebrate all the good memories we have shared with his woman. We have a few people that would like to say a few words. Hollie can you come up here please?" The vicar asked. i nodded and stood up. i walked up to thefront and looked over at all the faces. My gaze met Dan and Matt who where sitting next to each other.

""your mother has cancer" four words you never want to hear. Unfortunately, i had too and it was tough. However, i knew my mother was a strong woman and i knew she could beat cancer's butt. But unfortunately she didn't and that's why we're here today. I have lived with my mother for my whole life but recently i have met some people and they have helped me through so much. My boyfriend dan has helped me more than i could of ever imagined. I know some of you may not like me but this isn't about me it's about my mother. The one we all love. We shouldn't be upset about her death, she's in a happier place now. She's a beautiful angel, looking down on us, thank you." i nodded as i looked over to the guys who were all comforting the girls who were crying. i walked back to everyone and sat down, before i could get comfortable the boys stood up and walked towards the front, going behind the curtains, before coming back with instruments. i looked at Lauren and Jordan with a raised eyebrow and they just smiled.

"This is for you Anna!" Dan said into the mic.

Before the1975 and Bastille started to sing.

Take a moment listen please

Words like these don't come with ease

You took my heart and kept it locked

Now it's time to let it go

I want it all or nothing at all, to have you here

Some people fall to hold on to their tears

And if you want it all, I'd do anything to see you through

And if I fall my heart holds on to you

Just one look and I'll subside

When I'm with you my love can't hide

Take a chance, don't run away

With every breath I need to say

I want it all or nothing at all, to have you here

Some people fall to hold on to their tears

And if you want it all, I'll do anything to see this through

And if I fall my heart holds on to you

I started to cry uncontrollably. The song was so beautiful it had always been one of my favourites and the fact that my favourite people were singing it made it unbearable. Today was beautiful and i hope mum knew we cared so much for her.

i have no idea what happens at funerals. please forgive me for this being crap.

If you want to listen to the song it's by the wanted (cringe) and it's called i want it all, the song is beautifully depressing.

please comment vote and follow x