Sense

Dan's pov:

I was at home with the boys, flicking through my notebook full of various songs i wrote, the songs were mainly depressing and slow, just like my life really. We were trying to choose the track list for our new album but quite frankly we wasn't getting anywhere.

"What about this one?" said Woody scanning over the book that Dan was holding.

Did he have to choose that certain song, the song i wrote when i was at my lowest? Well he did and i had no way of backing out of it. 

"Erm, i don't know mate, its a bit boring don't you think?" I said looking at Woody who was still reading the lyrics.

"Definately not, it tells a story, it may be depressing but it has alot of emotion, a bit like Oblivion." Woody was really testing my emotions today mentioning two songs that i wrote when i was at the point of giving up.

I remaind silent.

"Whats the song called anyway?" asked Will.

"Sense..." i said gazing at the ground slightly ashamed of myself for writing such a song that let all my inner feelings out.

"I want to hear it Dan!" said Kyle breaking the silence that was spread across the room, the boys nodded in agreement.

no no no, i can't do this, i haven't sung or even looked at these lyrics since that night, i can't do it. All my emotions will show, the boys can't know about my past, not yet.

"I don't think so, not today, the throat hurts a bit..." i said lying.

"Oh come on Dan!" Said woody laughing, he knew i couldn't lie.

"Okay, okay..." I can't believe i'm about to sing sense infront of my best friends, infront of people, i've never let anyone hear or see me play this song, it was meant for my ears and eyes only.

I stood up and made my way to the piano that was sat in the middle of the music room and sat down on the chair carefully placing my songbook on the piano. My hands hovered over the keys, i took a deep breath and started to play

(This is not my own song, it's Tom Odell's song- Sense)

Hard to know,

Maybe if I skim the stone,

Walk a different way back home,

It would all make sense.

Oh, shut my eyes,

Lose myself in teenage lies,

If I fell in love a thousand times,

Would it all make sense ?

Cause I,

I've been feeling pretty small,

Sometimes,

Feel like I'm slipping down walls,

And every line,

I ever get a hold,

It seems to break.

Ca-Call you up,

I can tell you just how much,

No, no maybe I'll just get drunk,

And it will all make sense.

Oh If I weren't so nice,

 convince my friends that you were right,

I can promise you my heart don't cry,

Would it all make sense ?

Cause I,

I've been feeling pretty small,

Sometimes,

Feel like I'm slipping down walls,

And every lie,

I ever get a hold,

It seems to break.

Oh I,

I've been feeling pretty small,

Sometimes,

Feel like I'm slipping down walls,

And every lie,

I ever get a hold,

It seems to break.

I stopped singing tears running down my cheeks, i furiously wiped them away. I knew i shouldn't of done this, but i did and i hated myself for it.

But then something happened that i did not expect, the boys came up to me and hugged me, a big group hug.

I pulled away and looked at them, put a smile on my face and shouted "We have a gig to get to!"

Sorry it's short, im ill today:(