»fifteen«

So Oliver ended up taking me home where I sat in the screening room for several hours before getting really bored of doing nothing and decided I would mess around with the hacking techniques Felicity had showed me when all of this started. In short, I got grounded. But the next day Felicity came into my bedroom, apologized for freaking out, and un-grounded me, letting me off with a warning.

So as I had promised Charlie, that day I wore my Academy skirt to school. Which meant showing off Loryn, who was branded with the logo of three of the areas most well known technology and medical companies.

Felicity dropped me off at school on her way to work in the morning. I tried to give off the illusion that I was confident walking around with Loryn fully exposed, but I was actually pretty insecure about it. I know that Aster was a pretty accepting school and all, but it just wasn't normal. I also walked with a limp, like a toddler in heels that hadn't found their balance yet. But I did my best to push everything to the back of my mind and focus on what was important.

School.

I would compare the next few moments to going to school with any sort of injury. People you don't even know would come up to you and ask you what happened, if you were okay. And of course I what happened wasn't something simple like I fell down the stairs or I messed up playing lacrosse, no this was more like I was in a car accident, you couldn't just leave it at that and walk away. So I worked out a little thing with my first period teacher. That was the thing about going to a private school, there were about seventy five kids in my grade, and everything spread like wildfire in schools this small. Everyone would know by lunch.

"I just wanted to clear some stuff up, because I've gotten tired of explaining this to everyone. But as you may have noticed, I'm part cyborg now." I smiled. "A little over a week ago I was struck by lightning. It hit me here." I pointed out the place three or four inches above my ankle. "It shattered almost my entire left leg, so it was amputated. I was in a coma most of last week but, I'm fine most of the time now, so yeah." I sighed sitting back down. My first period teacher was like that anyways, he was really laid back and we really didn't do much in his class. So pretty much what happened was I spent the rest of the fifty minute class answering questions from concerned classmates.

That was at least until after lunch that day when I'm not sure who, but someone tripped me in the hallways. Knowing how things worked at school someone probably got dared to do it. I was walking to fourth period with James when it happened.

My right leg took most of the impact but it was still pretty hard on my left, and it hurt.

I looked up at James. "I think I tore my stitches."

And it turns out I did. Oliver was extremely pissed about having to pick me up from school again, but he did regardless and then took my to the hospital to avoid getting an infection. The best part was we didn't tell Felicity.

I knew about the whole thing where neither half of the Queen-Smoak relationship was allowed to lie to the other. But lying and withholding information are different things. So I went home, finished my makeup work and then went to sleep. Life had been really exhausting lately, so of course came a metahuman 'knight' vision.

I saw a woman with curly blonde hair, wearing a blue superhero suit with the letter S displayed on the front also wearing a red skirt. She could fly, which was weird because she didn't have wings or a super suit that looked capable of that or anything. There was also a shorter nerdy looking guy with brown hair. They were having a conversation that I couldn't hear it was fuzzy. The dream ended with the blonde superhero pacing back and forth. I woke up sweating. I told Oliver that morning during breakfast.

"I had a vision last night." I said sitting down at the table.

"Great, tell me all about it." Oliver said sitting down across from me.

I told him what I had seen last night.

"Supergirl." He said simply when I finished. "Let's call Barry." So we did, he didn't pick up so Oliver left a message. Although he made sure I was not getting out of school again. But Barry called back after school.

"Hey, I just got your message." He said.

"Yeah, Oliver told me to call you."

"Mmmhmm." Barry sighed. "I know the people from you vision. They're from another Earth, Earth-thirty eight to be exact, but yeah." He said.

"Great, so what happens now." I asked.

"I'm not sure really. I could go there and check in on everything, but it's probably best to stay here for now." He paused. "It will all get worked out eventually. We'll let you know if anything happens."

"See ya then." I said ending the call.

The next day at school I visited my locker first thing in the morning like always to load my backpack with the textbooks I hadn't taken home. To find a few daisies taped to my locker with a sticky note that read:

from the dick who tripped you in the hall

Well that was nice. I thought, before taking down the flowers and putting them inside my locker. I would take them home after school.

"You coming tonight?" James asked as I was shutting my locker.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"Support group, every Monday and Friday." He reminded me.

"Oh yeah, no." I replied. "I have lacrosse, and physical therapy."

"Lacrosse? Really?" He asked.

"Yes, I'm acting captain right now, you can ask Charlie. I have to keep going to practice and games. If I don't I'll get cut from the team, and the Academy will drop my scholarship." I said. "Maybe I'll find time for support group between all of that, but it's pretty unlikely." I ended the conversation as I headed into my class.

>> hey friends! I forgot how short I used to write these chapters, lol. hope you're all having a good day!! happy friday! :) hope yall have a good weekend 

<3, holly