»eleven«

"The guys at Palmer really outdid themselves on this one." Chris told me.

I nodded. "It's really amazing what they all did." I said standing up and rolling my jeans back down over my prosthetic leg.

"Thanks for planning this all for me." Chris stood next to me as we headed downstairs.

"No problem, I had fun doing it." I replied.

There I stood at the top of the stairs. I had never gone down stairs in my prosthetic. Yes, there were stairs in my house and yes my bedroom was upstairs but I had slept in the screening room that was downstairs. Going up the stairs had been fine, but going down stairs made it much more likely I would fall, and my prosthetic was really heavy and I really did not want to break it. But by some miracle I did manage to get down the stairs without falling.

"How many people did you invite?" I asked Chris, suddenly feeling suspicious.

"thirty two." he replied.

"Chris!" I slapped his shoulder. God, I was becoming Felicity. "I told you no more than twenty five!"

"Chill." he said and fake hit me back. "Half of them aren't even coming."

"That's better. The pizza guy will be here in a few I'll wait for him down here. And guests start arriving at two." I briefed him. "So you should probably clean your room."

"Thanks mom." He replied going back upstairs to tidy his space.

Soon the pizza guy arrived and I paid him for the four large pizzas with various toppings and carried them out to the living room where the majority of the party would be held, aside from the back yard where there was still a damaged patch of grass where the lightning had hit. I wasn't ready to go back there yet.

"Okay Mel, I cleaned my roo-" Chris was cut off by the doorbell.

"Great someones here!" I said walking (because I still couldn't run) to the front door.

"Let me get it." Chris unlocked the front door and opened it to reveal three older guys in letterman jackets. "Hey guys," He said. "You're early."

"Sorry." the blonde apologized. "We thought it started at one."

"That's alright." Chris replied. Then immediately looked at me. Chris wasn't the best with improvising if everything didn't go exactly as planned.

"Why don't you guys go hang out in the living room." I suggested solving Chris' problem. "But don't eat the pizza." I threatened.

"She your's?" The tallest of the three with dark eyes and hair that matched asked. Chris shook his head. In that few seconds I got so pissed off I was ready to take on the almost six foot football player. Of course I didn't, I'm better than that, but still.

A girl is not someone's property, it's as simple as that.

And it really shouldn't have suprised me when he hit on me for the rest of the party.

In total there were twenty two people at the party.

It all went pretty good until the frosting fight broke out. You can't really go to a high school party without some kind of fight breaking out. I guess we should just be glad it was with frosting rather than a fist fight.

And I guess it was kinda my fault, since I did smash a cupcake in Chris' face. But in my defense it's a tradition and we do it every year.

"Hey Chris look at me!" I yelled even thought I was standing a foot away from him, Chris being as gullible as he is looked at me and got a face full of chocolate cupcake with red frosting.