Episode X12: Dashwood's Discussion

THEME MUSIC (“Jazzy Interlude”, Billy Munn)

HERBERT “DARING” DASHWOOD: (V.O.) You’re listening to the Adventures of me, Herbert “Daring” Dashwood, and my stalwart ghoul manservant, Argyle. Today’s episode? “Dashwood's Discussion”.

THEME MUSIC CONTINUES TO 0 M 10 S.

SCENE: EXTERIOR

SLAVER #1: (WHISPERS) There, that's him, that's the guy. The one with the beard.

HARMON JURLEY: That's the man with the mini-nuke? I thought you said it wasn't Daring Dashwood.

SLAVER #1: It isn't. Dashwood hasn't got a beard. At least, he didn't have a beard yesterday.

HARMON JURLEY: You idiot, anyone can wear a false beard! (LOUDLY) Dashwood! What do you want?

HERBERT "DARING" DASHWOOD: (OFF-MIC) How on earth did he recognize me? (ON-MIC) As I told your lackey, I'm here for Miss Chase, Jurley!

HARMON JURLEY: Oh, you are, are you? I have plans for Penelope, Dashwood. Plans that don't involve handing her over to you.

HERBERT "DARING" DASHWOOD: I don't know what your minion told you, Jurley, but I have no intentions of letting your plans come to fruition. You might note this small nuclear device I happen to be holding.

HARMON JURLEY: You're not going to set it off, Dashwood. I haven't heard that you're suicidal. And that backstabbing Chase woman isn't worth the trouble. Especially since this complex has a lead-lined room, which I had installed for just such an occasion. Get out of here, Dashwood, before I set my associates on you.

HERBERT "DARING" DASHWOOD: I'm going nowhere until you release Miss Chase!

HARMON JURLEY: You really think you have some kind of power here? Really? At my own headquarters? This is wearing thin very quickly.

HERBERT "DARING" DASHWOOD: But I have this mini-nuke . . .

HARMON JURLEY: I thought that your friend Argyle would have told you about radiation, Dashwood. Radiation is deadly to you or me - but it is like a refreshing balm to ghouls.

HERBERT "DARING" DASHWOOD: Not one ghoul would work for a dastardly villain like you, Jurley!

HARMON JURLEY: But I didn't hire one ghoul, Dashwood. I hired ten. Get him, boys!

SOUND EFFECTS: LOUD VOICES, SCUFFLE

END SCENE

THEME MUSIC (“Jazzy Interlude”, Billy Munn)

HERBERT “DARING” DASHWOOD: (V.O.) Be sure to tune in next time for another exciting Adventure of me, Herbert “Daring” Dashwood, and my stalwart ghoul manservant, Argyle!

THEME MUSIC CONTINUES TO END