Chapter 9

Hayes POV

At the party one of the cheerleaders was flirting with me. I kept telling her to stop but she wouldn't leave me alone.

Later that night she took me outside and started kissing me. I kissed her back without thinking. I hear the door open but continue to kiss her.

"HAYES WHAT ARE YOU DOING!" I hear someone yell.

Lucy.

I look over at her. She is crying. I walk over to her and try to hold her hand.

"Lucy... I can explain." I say to her.

She takes her hand out of mine.

"HAYES WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS!?" She screams at me.

Then she runs.

"Lucy wait!" and I start to run after her.

Lucy's POV

I run. I run as fast as I can. I don't know where I'm going. I don't care. The world is blurry from all the tears in my eyes.

"Lucy wait!" I hear Hayes call after me.

That makes me run faster.

After I run for a while I reach a park bench and sit down on it. I bring my knees to my chest and hide my face and cry.

"Lucy. Are you okay?" I hear someone say.

"Please leave me alone." I say to them.

The person sits down next to me. I look at them. It's Matt. Matt Espinosa. He is one of Hayes friends. Well he is one of mine too.

He puts his arm around me. I put my head in his chest and cry.

"It will be okay." He reassures me

"Lucy please let me explain." I hear Hayes approach us.

"Hayes go away." I sternly say to him.

"I know I messed up. I'm sorry." He tried to hold my hand.

I reject him. "I said leave me alone!" I scream at him making eye contact.

He looks so sad and scared.

"Plea-" he starts to say but is cut off by Matt

"I think you need to leave. She obviously doesn't want to see you right now." Matt stands up and pushes him away.

He walks away but keeps looking back.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Matt says

I nod. Then I tell him everything.

"Maybe you should let him explain." Matt tells me

I look at my phone. 10 new messages. All from Hayes. The time is 10:35.

"I'm gonna head home." I tell Matt.

"Okay. Bye. Text me of you ever need to talk." He says

I hug him and walk home.

When I get home I run upstairs and take a shower. The hot water feels so good and relaxing. When I get out I do the rest of my bedtime routine.

Before I go to bed I go back into the bathroom. I grab a razor blade. I put it up to my skin and make my very first cut. It hurts but relives my pain.

I watch the blood start to drip into the floor.

Then I go into bed and cry until I fall asleep.

Hayes POV

I try to fall asleep but I can't. I grab my phone from my nightstand and text Lucy.

Goodnight babe <3

I put my phone back and slowly fall asleep.

Lucy's POV

My mom wakes me up for school.

"Mommy." I say to her

"Yes honey?" She sits next to me on my bed

My mom is like my best friend. He helps me through all my problems. So I told her everything about last night.

"I don't wanna go to school." I say and start to cry

"Okay. Go back to sleep."she kisses my forehead and I fall back asleep.

Hayes POV

Lucy didnt show up at the bus stop today. I was really hoping I could talk to her. I am getting really concerned.

I dont talk to anyone all day at school.

All I think about is Lucy.