Chapter 7

Lucy's POV

Hayes just asked me to be his girlfriend. I really like him but I met him 3 days ago. Any girl would be dying to be in my spot.

"Yes" I say and hug him

My new best friend Gabbi came over to where we were standing. She is also on my bus.

"Hey Lucy! Hey Hayes!" She smiles at Hayes.

"So Lucy the volleyball team is having a party tomorrow after tryouts. I know you'll make the team! So can you go?" Gabbi asks me

"Yeah! I'd love to come!" I say smiling at her

"Hayes, you can come too." Gabbi said getting close to him.

She obviously didn't see us holding hands.

"Gabbi, I have a girlfriend." Hayes says stepping back

"Who?" She asks

Hayes holds us our interlocked hands.

"Oh Lucy! I'm so sorry!" She apologizes to me. She looks into my eyes for once

"It's okay you didn't know." I said reassuring her with a smile.

The rest if the night was boring. All is did was homework and text Hayes and Gabbi.

• • VOLLEYBALL TRYOUTS• •

After school I meet up with Hayes and we walk to the gym for volleyball tryouts. He sits on the bleachers with the football team. He is part of it so he knows all of them. I can tell he talked about me cuz the were watching me the entire warmup time.

I did really well at the tryouts. It's was about 2 house of tryouts and the coaches made their decision.

All the girls gather as they red off the names.

"Hanna Blake, Justine Parker, Riley Smith, Gabbi Malik, Natalie Hahn, Aly Renolds, Kara Forde, Lilly Dallas, and the best one we've seen.... Lucy Fenderson!" The coach announces

All off the football players jump up and cheer. I look at Hayes and he's stating a chant 'LUCY! LUCY! LUCY'.

"Congrats to all the girls that made the team! Sorry to those who didn't!" The coach finishes.

The new team goes into a huddle and says congrats to each other. We all head to the bench and grab our stuff.

Hayes walks up to me and I jump into his arms and she swings me around.

"You did great babe! I told you you would make it!" He says to me

I kiss him on the check and we hold hands and walk out.

"Lucy you did great!" Riley told me

"Thanks! So did you!" I said to her

"Are you guys coming to the part?" She asked Hayes and me

"Yeah. I guess I'll see you there!" I told her. And Hayes and I headed home.

I get home and my mom greets me at the door.

"How was tryouts?" She asked

"I made the team!" She hugged me and congratulated me. I went up stairs and took a shower then got ready for the party.