Chapter 39 - Summer Partay!

KAITLIN'S POV

We managed to kick the boys out the house for a while whilst we set up for the summer party. DJ wheeled out some speakers for tunes, we set up a gazebo with table and chairs underneath it, we set up the BBQ, changed the pool temperature to make it slightly warmer and got the food ready.

'How long now?' I ask DJ who was laying on her back, rewriing her speakers. There was loads of different wires which I had no idea what they did. She unplugged some, switched some around and did all sorts of other things.

'Umm. Hang on. Around 5 minutes.' DJ said.

'What are you doing to that speaker?' I say having finished setting up the food and walking over to her.

'Changin wires. It wasn't sounding as loud as before and I am basically boosting it. OW! BALLS!' DJ said as it sparked.

'You alright?' I said.

'Yeah. Spark was hot. At least it works now.' She said, screwing the back back on.

'They should be coming now. You doing BBQ?' I asked.

'Hokeyp.' She said as she started up the BBQ so it would be hot enough to cook when everybody gets here.

As the doorbell rang, DJ said, 'You mind getting it? It should be Bashur and Bodil!'

I jogged to the door and sure enough it was Bashur and Bodil. They said hi and I lead them through to the back.

'Hey! You guys made it on time for once.' DJ said.

'This is a party, of course we would be on time!' Bashur said, laughing.

'Where is everybody?' Bodil said.

Then the front door opened. We all hid as we heard their voices ask if anybody was there. 

'Wha... When did we put up the gazebo again?' I heard Ty say.

'SURPRISE!' We jumped out and made the guys jump.

'Wha- What's all this about?' Adam said as I walked up to him.

'We threw you a summer thank you party to say thanks for everything you have done for us. We even got Bashur and Bodil to come!' DJ said, gesturing to the two guys that were doubling over laughing. Adam wrapped his arms around me and kissed me on my cheek.

'You guys didn't have to do this.' Mitch said.

'Well we did. Pass me those burgers would ya?' DJ said as she made orange flames rise from the BBQ.

As she put them on they hissed and sent a lovely smell through the air. The sky was turning from blue into a pale gold colour and the clouds were tinted pink. She flicked something in her pocket and a song played. Ty walked up to DJ and hugged her.

'Dude, I will burn you if you aren't careful.' She said and he let her go.

DJ cooked the food and we got the burgers frsh off the grill. We sat down and ate them under gazebo. Bodil took one bite of the burger and ketchup squirted all down his shirt.

'Seriously?' He said.

We were all laughing as he wiped it off. We ate ours and chatted about random things. Once we had finished we waited for a bit before we got into the pool. During that time, Bodil tried to hit on DJ numerous time but she was having none of it.

We went to get changed to go in teh pool. I put on a creeper shirt ontop of my costume wilst DJ wore a normal shirt with shorts. We came outside to find the guys in their trunks waiting for us. We stood on the over hanging part of the pool. The sky was golden and the sun was shining a golden light. The pool lights flickered on. The waterfall was now purple, the space under it a pale blue. The main pool was illuminated with loads of different coloured and the slide was glowing green. It looked quite cool. Adam put his arms around my waist and then he picked me up bridal style. He then ran up and jumped into the pool with me in his arms. As he broke the surface, we kissed. Then Jerome, Mitch, Quentin and Jordan jumped in, making a wave of water. Ian, Ty and Jason jumped in one after the other. DJ, Bash and Bodil were in stitches on the surface. DJ and Bodil shoved Bashur into the water and he belly flopped. Then DJ shoved Bodil and he screamed as he fell. DJ was left doubled over in laughter. 

'COME DOWN YOU WIMP!' Ian yelled.

'Look out below!' She shouted as she dived into the pool.

We stayed in the pool until midnight. The moon was high in the sky, the sky was starry and the pool was glowing amazing colours. There was me and Adam and DJ and Ty still left outside. We were sat on the edge of the pool. 

'Wow today rocked!' Adam said as he held me close to him.

'Yeah! We can't thank you guys enough. The BBQ, the pool, everything was awesome!' Ty added.

'That's alright. It was the least we could do for you guys.' DJ said.

'We'd better get changed and go to bed. It's getting late,' Ty said.

We got up and went inside to get changed. Bodil and Bashur slept on the couches for the night until their flight tomorrow morning.