Chapter 23 - First Date

DJ'S POV

Two days before I turn 17. I am excited, but there's one thing bugging me. No one, not even Mitch have said anything about my birthday. Not even a mumble. I guess they got caught up in things and forgot. Oh well. Not the first time that has happened. Ty and we are out walking together, his hand in mine. We went to the park and sat on a bench. 

'How long have we been dating now?' He asks me.

'No idea. I don't keep track of these things,' I chuckle.

'Well then, I was wondering if...umm.' He started as he took my hand in his. 'You wanna go on a date? With me? Tomorrow?'

Smiling I answer, 'Of course I do! Why wouldn't I?' 

'That is a very good point.' He said as he pulls me in for a hug. We spent a few hours in the park, chatting and laughing. We got ice creams and walked back home again. 

'You wanna try some of mine?' Ty asked.

'Sure,' I say as he turns it for me to lick. Just as I was about to, he flicked it up and made a line of ice cream along my lip, up my nose and up to my forehead.

'Wow. Seriously?' I ask him plainly. 

'Yeah. Good thing I brought a napkin huh?' He laughs.

I snatch the napkin from his hands as wipe the icecream off my face after I run my tounge around my lips to try some of the ice cream. It was a coffee and caramel one and it was very nice. I had coffee and cream. We finished our icecreams just as we got to the house. As soon as I got inside, I went up for a shower to try and stop having a sticky face.

QUENTIN'S POV

Ty and DJ came back from their walk. We all knew Ty was going to ask DJ out for a date so we waited for her to vanish upstairs before we talked to him.

'How'd it go champ?' I asked him.

'Really good. I asked her and she said yes! Then we just spent time together and got ice cream and stuff.' He explained.

'Get in there son!' Ian said as he headlocked Ty and gave him a noogie.

'Get off dude!' Ty said.

-NEXT DAY AT 5PM-

DJ'S POV

Not long now till my date with Ty. We are leaving at 8 so I decide to get ready. I have a warm shower and think of what clothes to wear. I HATE dresses and high heels and girly things like that. Besides, I don't own a dress or a skirt or high heels. I rumage through my cupboard and lay out some of my nicest clothes on my bed. There was several pairs of smart trousers (One pair of suit like trousers and two pairs of skinny jeans) and various smart shirts. I lay them out and notice a mark on the knee of the suit like trousers so I throw that back in the cupboard. I decide on a blue and black chequered shirt and a pair of skinny jeans. Then my phone vibrates, I have a call from Kaitlin. (normal - DJ, italics - Kaitlin)

Hello?

Heyo, DJ. It's Kaitlin.

What's up?

Heard you are going on a date with Ty. Where you off to?

No idea. Ty only said to dress up nicely. Heard he's going in a suit.

What are you wearing?

A nice shirt and skinny jeans.

YOU CAN'T GO IN THAT!

Why not?

If he's in a suit, you need a dress. And your hair done nice and makeup.

What? No way. I don't do dresses or skirts. Besides, I don't own any makeup, dresses or skirts.