Chapter 26 - Set Things Right

MITCH'S POV

I watched her drive away with Jason down the road. I didn't know what to do. My best friend had left us. I sat down on the porch step and sighed, burying my face in my hands. I look up and catch a shimmer of something shining in the evening sun. I heard thunder rumble in the distance and it began to rain. I stood up, sniffed and went to find what was shining. I saw it in the grass. DJ's necklace. The chain was broken, the lockets popped open to show the pictures inside them.

'I am never taking this off. The chain is our friendship so I don't want it or our friendship to break...' I heard DJ's voice in my head as I picked it up and looked at it. 

'It's broken DJ. Our friendship. Smashed...' I said to myself as though DJ could hear it.

I walked inside. holding the necklace in my hands so nothing could be seen of it. I felt the tears welling up in my eyes. I shut the door and walk limply into the living room.

'What's in your hands?' Adam asked me. 

I sat down on the sofa before answering him, 'Her necklace. She ripped it off. The chain broke...so has our friendship...' I looked at the picture inside the circle locket with the caption. 

Dropping the necklace on the floor, I run upstairs and slam my bedroom door shut as I lay on my bed. I stared at her text for ages. She wasn't coming back. I love her so much. I would never make her feel like dirt. I threw my phone off my bed and it dropped to the floor. I balled my fists so they were white knuckled with anger. I felt the tears down my face. What the hell was Ty thinking? She would never do aything to hurt him or any off us. Hell she took a gun shot for him! WHY WOULD HE DO THAT TO HER? Clearly she does love him otherwise she wouldn't have risked her life to save him, Jerome, Ian and Adam. He hurt my best friend... And he was gonna pay... He is NOT getting away with this.

A knock on my door caused me to snap up and shout, 'WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT!?'

'Calm down. It's Adam. I came to check on you to see if you were alright,' Adam said as he walked into my room and shut to door behind him. 

'I'm NOT alright! Ty and all of you jerks made DJ feel like crud and now she isn't coming back! I may never see her again. DOES THAT SEEM ALRIGHT TO YOU!' I rage at him before realising what I did and calmed down.

'Sorry, Adam. I...I just...' I start but I couldn't speak.

'It's alright. I'd be like you if I was in your position,' He said, comforting me with his hand on my shoulder.

'I have no idea what to do, Adam. Ty is mad at DJ for some reason and now our friendship is broken,' I begin to cry.

'You can't blame Ty. He thought there was something going on between Jerome and her,' Adam said quietly.

'WHAT!? DJ would never cheat on him! She loved Ty so much and would never do such a thing. She almost died when she broke up with him and she even had a panic attack. And when they came back, from the hospital, no one seemed to care...' I started to feel getting really angry so I stopped.

'I know, I know. But can you please come downstairs?' Adam said as he gave me back DJ's necklace. I looked at it before knowing what to do.

I sprint down the stairs, grab my keys before unlocking the front door.

'What are you doing?' Quentin and Ian said in unison.

'To set things right,' I say as I get into my car. I drive around town, searching for Jason's car. I found it parked up outside the hotel and I ran inside, got their room number and went up to it. I knocked on the door and I heard muffled voices. The door opened to reveal Jason.