Chapter 12 - New Friend Alert

DJ'S POV

-THE NEXT DAY- 

It's just after lunch and we are all in  living room laughing and playing on the XBOX. We were playing a racing game which me nad Mitch like to play.

'I WON!' Shouted Ty as he sits down on the sofa next to me.

'Well done, dude!' I congratulate him with a high five.

I explained to Ty about me being frigid so he understands but I know he wants a hug from me. But I'm not ready yet. I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket and pull it out.

'Nice phone case. You have good taste,' Jason said as he points to my phone case.

I smile as I realise I have my Team Crafted case on. I have one for everybody in Team Crafted and I rotate cases everyday. Reading the message, it's form my friend who i said could come round because of a surprise. She sent 'Waiting by the door. Come and see me!' 

Jumping up I say, 'Guys, I have invited my friend round for an hour to see you guys. You are really gonna like her Adam.' 

I walk to the door and open it. A girl shorter than me with blonde hair which reaches her shoulders is standing there smiling.

'Yo, dude! Sup?' I greet her.

'I'm good! Mind if I come in?'

'Sure thing. By teh way, don't freak out but I have a surprise for you in the living room.' I say as I lead her inside.

We walk into the living room and there is only Mitch playing the XBOX alone.

'Hey Mitch.' She says.

'Hey Kaitlin. Not seen you for a while.' Mitch says back to her.

'GUYS COME THE HELL OUT!' I shout and everyone from Team Crafted but Adam jumps out.

'Oh..my...' Kaitlin says as she sees whose there.

'I know. But that isn't the best part.' I say to a beaming Kailtin.

'HEYO!' Adam shrieks as he leaps out from behind the sofa.

'Oh...my...budder.' Kaitlin says, staring at Adam.

'Hey. You are a Sky fan then.' Adam says, walking up to Kaitlin.

'Yeah. Second biggest fan after her,' She points to me. 

'Dude, she is so freaking majestic.' Adam whispers to me.

Rolling my eyes, Kaitlin runs up to Adam and hugs him. He looks shocked but hugs her back soon after. I sigh to myself because of how frigid I am. We all walk into the living room and everyone introduces themselves. Almost straight away We are all acting like we have known each other all our lives.

-55 MINUTES LATER BECAUSE I'M TOO LAZY-

In the short hours we are together, we play XBOX, joke around and do basically random things you would do with friends. Adam and Kaitlin are warming up to each other a lot. Bet you what gonna happen next. We are all playing on the XBOX and Adam is racing against Kaitlin who loses horribly. She was never that good at racing games so Adam thrashes her. After Adam finishes running around the house screaming 'Budder car for days', Ty leans in to whisper to me.

'Should we tell Kaitlin?' Ty whispers to me.

'Up to you, dude.' I reply.

'Yo Kaitlin, how long have you known DJ?' Ty says.

'I don't know. Around 7 years I guess. She's crazy as hell. Even more than all of you guys put together. Just give her time and before you know it, she's hyper as hell.' Kaitlin says as I faceplant at her comment. True I do get hyper as hell, but she really doesn't have to tell everyone that.

'Well, how many boyfriends has she had?' Ty asks her.

'None. She's always been a single Pringle.' Kaitlin replies.

Damn it. Why he had to ask that I will never know.

'Well. She isn't so single anymore.' Ty says slowly.

Kaitlin wasn't paying any attention to what Ty had just said as she was answering a message on her phone. 

'I have to go now. See you guys around!' Kaitlin says walking to the door.

'See ya later, budder head.' Adam hugs Kaitlin.

I walk to the door with Kaitlin. She stops suddenly and turns to face me.

'Wait a second. Did Deadlox just say you weren't single anymore?'

I nod.

'Who are you going out with? TELL ME!' Kaitlin grabs my shoulders and shakes me violently.

'Deadlox. He's now my boyfriend.' I say.

She lets go of me and gasps smiling like no tomorrow.

'No way! You and Deadlox?! I knew it was only a matter of time! You have a boyfriend! That's so unlike you DJ!' Kaitlin shouts at me.

'It's no biggie, dude. Chill.' I say.

'No biggie!? You have a boyfriend! Miss 'I don't want a boyfriend' has a boyfriend. And it's a famous Youtuber!' She shouts at me again.

'Shut up dude! It's nothing!' I say to her calmly.

'Nothing? It's not nothing. It's special. WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH HER?' Kaitlin says to me loudly.

'Huh?' 

'Don't huh me. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH KYTE SCAR-' Kaitlin begins but I quickly push her out the door.

'Bye Kaitlin!' I slam the door shut and lean aginst it sighing.

Great. Thanks Kaitlin. There is no way on Earth that the guys didn't hear that. Kaitlin is one of my friends, but she can be annoying sometimes and yell things she doesn't mean to out loud. Granted she must think that I have told them, but at least ask before you say my real name. God's sake. I flick my hair out my eyes and walk into the living room where everyone is suddenly staring at me.

'Woah. She's loud and random. Bit like Adam,' Jerome says.

'I know biggums. But who's Kate or whoever?' Quentin asks me.