Her red hair was pulled back in a ponytail but it was so short that loose bits were escaping and framing her delicate face.  As she got closer I could see the little beads of sweat on her face and how her bangs were sticking slightly to her forehead because of it.

I had never seen anyone more beautiful.

“Hey.” I said when she got close enough.

She pushed her bangs out of her face and looked up at me smiling, “Hi.”

“You like nice.” I said intending to look at her legs again but my eyes were caught in her own.

“Yeah right, it’s like a hundred degrees right now!” She laughed and looked at me like I was crazy.

“I know it is, and I say you look a little better sweaty.”

She rolled her eyes at me although I wasn’t sure why until she spoke, “Only you would say that pervert.”

I had not intended for her to take it that way but I went along with it anyways, “I speak the truth.” I draped my arm around her shoulders and guided her toward the ticket booth. “We’ll take a hundred tickets please.” I told the guy as I grabbed my wallet. The rides were normally about four tickets per person so I was hoping that that would last us the whole day. If not than I could always buy more.

“Hey I can pay for some of it.” Annie grabbed my hand before I handed the guy my money. Her eyebrows were knitted together and she looked like she wouldn’t have minded even if I had let her. But this was a date and I wanted to pay.

“I got it.” I said and handed the guy money. Annie stayed silent while the guy counted my money and handed us our tickets. I stuffed my wallet into my back pocket along with the tickets and walked with Annie towards the rides. “Thank you for offering but I want to pay for this whole day. It’s a date and I guess I just want to pay for the whole thing.” I told her awkwardly.

I had no idea what her life was like at home; what if she lived in a trailer with ten other family members? What if her parents had both just lost their jobs? What if she only had one parent who didn’t make that great of a living? What if she didn’t have any parents? I had more than enough money and I didn’t want her to have to worry about paying. It was no problem for me to pay whereas it may be a problem for her to help out.

“The whole day?” She asked looking at me shocked, “Daniel I can’t let you do that. Do you have any idea how much that will be if we’re staying here the whole day?”

Now it was my turn to roll my eyes, “I know how much it costs and trust me, I’ll be fine.”

Annie raised her eyebrows a little, “From a rich family I’m assuming? Is that why you always have the glasses on? So your high and mighty parents don’t see you at a ‘common’ club with a ‘common’ girl.” She guessed.

My heart stopped. Did she know who I really was? I turned around and looked at her worried. What was I going to say? But when I saw her eyes I relaxed. I could tell that she had no idea; she was just joking. “Funny, you’re pretty much got it perfect.”