Chapter 19: Dont name them

Season 4
Episode 1
------------
The community has grown a lot over the past few weeks, me and Carl have become closer. Theirs a few more kids our ages called Patrick, Lizzie and her little sister Mika. We have crops growing , and pigs to produce food. I look out to the courtyard. Carl was brushing Michonne new horse. I walk over to him. "Hey sheriff" I smirk. He looks at me smiling.
"Hey" I passed him the comic he leant me. "Pretty good read" I say. He was about to say something but Patrick walks in.
"Hey Zara" he waves to me.
"Hey" I reply.
"Could I speak to you?" I nod. "In private" he looks over to Carl. I walk out the barn.
"I wanted to ask if you would maybe, only if you want to, be my girlfriend?" I liked Patrick but not in that way. I was about to reply but Carl walked out.
"Come on" he said to both of us. We followed him over to Lizzie and Mika, they were shouting at the walkers on the fence.
"You're naming them?" Carl asks.
"Well, one of them has a name tag, so we thought all of them should" Mika replies.
"They had names when they were alive,They're dead now" I spoke.
"No, they're not,They're just different" Lizzie replies with attitude.
"What the hell are you talking about? they don't talk,They don't think,They eat people,They kill people" Carl hisses.
"People kill people,They still have names" Lizzie says.
"Have you seen what happens? Have you seen someone die like that?"
"Yeah, I have" she replies to Carl.
"They're not people and they're not pets. Don't name them" Carl demands.
"We're supposed to go read" Lizzie walks away.
"You coming to story time tonight?" Mika asks Patrick.
"Uh, yeah"
"See you then" she walks away, Carl smirks at him.
"I go sometimes,I'm immature.You both wouldn't dig it,It's for kids" I laugh at Patrick.
"I'm gonna head up there, too.I'll catch you later" Patrick walks away, leaving me and Carl.
"So, what did lover boy say to you?" He smirks.
"He asked me if I wanted to be his girlfriend" his face suddenly turns into a frown.
"And what did you say?"
"I didn't get a chance to answer but I would've said no, see you later grimes" I say walking away from him.