Chapter 3:Randall

Season 2
Episode 9
---------------
We all sat round the table, I sat next to mom.Rick,Glenn and Hershel still haven't returned. "Carl, I want you to keep your head up, okay? Your old man, he's the toughest son of a-" Shane says looking to Carl, who looked worried.
"No cussing in the house" Patrica says, glaring at him.
"Lori, dinner" my mom shouts looking in to the other room.
"She's not in there" Maggie says.
"Where is she? Carl, when's the last time you saw your mom?" Shane asks.
"This afternoon"
"She was worried about Rick, asked me to look in on Carl" Andrea says.
"She went after them?" Shane gets up from the table.
"She didn't say that"
"Gotta be around here somewhere" Shane says leaving the house. We all get up from our seats, Heading out the house.

Shane bought Lori back, she had a cut on her lip. "Oh my God, are you all right? What happened?" Andrea asks as she checks her arms for wounds.
"I was in an accident,I'm fine" Andrea let go of her
"Where's Rick?" We all stayed silent "They're not back? Where are they?" She says walking up to Shane.
"Look, I had to get you back here"
"You asshole" she pushes him.
"Lori"
"He's my husband" she says shouting in his face.
"Lori, I will go after him,I will find him.Now, first things first I gotta look after you.I gotta make sure the baby's all right, okay?" I widened my eyes. A baby?! Is she being serious, we have so much on our hands and she's having a baby.
"You're having a baby?" Carl asks shocked "Why didn't you tell me?" She looks to the floor.
"Come on, we need to check your okay" Dale says, putting a hand on her back leading her to the house.

I sat next to Carl as Dale cleaned loris face.
"I am so sorry that I left without telling you" she says looking at Carl.
"It's okay.I wasn't scared.when is dad going to be back?"
"Let's hope soon"
"I wanna be there when you tell him about the baby"
"Oh, love, he already knows" she says. "We were just trying to find the right time to tell you"
"Is it a boy or a girl?" He asks.
"Well, we won't know that until it's born"
"Will I be able to feel it?"
"Not for a while,You must have a lot of questions, huh? We never had the talk.I guess we forgot" Lori said looking at Carl then to me.
"I already know, we did it in school" he said laughing. "If the baby's a girl, can we name her Sophia?" I look down, feeling like I was just stabbed in the heart by hearing her name.
"Hey, I'm sorry, bud.I thought you knew" Shane says walking in the room.
"Big brother Carl.Pretty cool, huh?" Carl says smirking.
"I say that's very cool.you mind if I talk to your mom for a second?" Lori doesn't look at him.
"How about a little later after she's had some rest?" Andrea says.
"Lori, I had to get you back here.You wouldn't have come otherwise" he crouches down in front of her. "How about you just hear me out, please?"
"Give me a minute" Lori says to Carl, everyone leaves the room. I walk over to Carl.
"Congratulations"
"Thanks, I'm going to bet it's a boy" he says smiling.
"I think it will be a girl"

I look through the fields, squinting my eyes because of the sun. Rick, Glenn and Hershel get out of the car. "Dad!" Carl shouts running up to him and hugging him. I look in the back seat of the car. A man sat their, passed out.
"Who is that?" I ask, pointing to him. Everyone looks.
"That's Randall" glenn says.

Everyone sat round the table, Rick had tied Randall up in the barn. "We couldn't just leave him behind.He would've bled out.It's gotten bad in town"
"What do we do with him?" I ask.
"I repaired his calf muscle as best I can, but he'll probably have nerve damage.Won't be on his feet for at least a week" Hershall says.
"When he is, we give him a canteen, take him out to the main road, send him on his way"
"Isn't that the same as leaving him for the walkers?" I ask rick.
"He'll have a fighting chance"
"Just gonna let him go?He knows where we are" Shane says.
"He was blindfolded the whole way here.He's not a threat" rick says with an annoyed tone, I felt tension between Shane and him.
"Not a threat.How many of them were there? You killed three of their men, you took one of them hostage,but they just ain't gonna come looking?" Shane replies back sarcastically.
"They left him for dead"
"He's out cold right now, will be for hours" Hershel says.
"You know what? I'm gonna go get him some flowers and candy" Shane scoffs "Look at this, folks we back in fantasy land"
"You know, we haven't even dealt with what you did at my barn yet.Let me make this perfectly clear, once and for all This is my farm.Now I wanted you gone but Rick talked me out of it, that doesn't mean I have to like it.So do us both a favor keep your mouth shut" I laughed slightly at Hershel.