Chapter 14: First

Season 3
Episode 9
-------------
Rick went to go find Daryl because we lost him trying to get out. I sat with Glenn and the new girl. "I'm Zara" I say to her. She looks at me.
"Michonne" I smile at her. I walk over to Glenn.
"Are you sure he didn't-"
"Glenn! Please, I don't want to talk about it, just drop it. Please" he looks down, I sit down next to him. "I'm sorry" I say.
"I care about you, y-you are like my sister" he stutters.
"I never knew you had a sister"
"Yeah, she was 16" I hug him, trying not to hurt his wounds.
"Glenn!" I turn my head seeing rick in the woods, we rush over to him. I raise my gun when I see merle.
"What the hell is he doing here?!" Glenn shouted at rick. Daryl stood in front of me and Glenn. Michonne got her katana out aiming it at him.
"Hey, put it down!" Rick told Michonne.
"He tried to kill me!" She shouts back.
"He helped us get out of there!"
"Get them out of my face!" Daryl says looking at us.
"Man, look like you've gone native, brother" Merle smirks.
"No more than you hanging out with that psycho back there" Daryl turns to him.
"He is a charmer, I got to tell you that.Been putting the wood to your girlfriend,Andrea" Merle licks his lips, making me cringe.
"Andrea's in Woodbury?" I ask, before Merle could reply, Rick knocked him out with his gun.
"Look, the Governor is probably on the way to the prison right now,Merle knows how he thinks and we could use the muscle" Daryl spoke.
"Do you really want him sleeping in the same cell block as Carol or Beth?" Glenn says.
"He ain't a rapist"
"Well his buddy is" they all look to me.
"There's no way Merle's gonna live there without putting everyone at each other's throats" Rick speaks.
"So you're gonna cut Merle loose and bring the last samurai home with us?" Daryl asks.
"She's not coming back"
"She's not in a state to be on her own, and she seems alright to me" I say. "She did bring you guys to us"
"And then ditched us" Rick added.
"At least let hershel stitch her up"
"We don't know who she is But Merle, Merle's blood"
"No, Merle is your blood,My blood, my family is standing right here and waiting for us back at the prison And you're part of that family" Glenn mumbled to Daryl. "But he's not"
"Fine,We'll fend for ourselves,No him, no me"
"Daryl, you don't have to do that" I say.
"It was merle and I before this"
"You serious? You're just gonna leave like that?" I say annoyed.
"- You'd do the same thing"
"What do you want us to tell Carol?" Rick spoke.
"She'll understand" Daryl walks past us, going over to merle. We all get in the car, driving back to the prison.

Rick pulls the car over, I look out the window seeing a car in front. We get out, Glenn walks over to the car door opening it. A walker falls out, he grabs it harshly, slamming it on the floor, banging his foot down on the head, repeatedly. He walks from it, out of breath.
"You didn't kill him" Glenn mutters to rick.
"That's not why we went back"
"You went back for Daryl And now he's gone again and the Governor is still alive"
"Daryl was the priority"
"I should have been there with you"
" You were in no condition,you didn't come back with us 'cause you could barely walk"
"What about her?" Glenn says pointing at me.
"What about me?"
"Do you know what he did to her?!" Glenn fumed at Rick.
"Leave it alone!" I shout.
"After all that effort, all the risk we took , Daryl just takes off with Merle?"
"Well, he had his reasons"
"Yeah, you keep telling yourself that, Rick,Doesn't change the fact that we're up to our necks in shit"
"You want me to turn the car around, beg him to come back? Throw down a welcome mat for Merle? This is the hand we've been dealt!" Rick shouts.
"Let's just get back, we can talk then" I say calmly.
"No, you guys do all the talking you want.I'm done" Glenn walks back to the car.

Carl and my mom open the gates, I'm tired and I really don't want to communicate with anyone right now. Rick gets out the Car and talks to them both. Glenn drives us up to the prison. Glenn gets out and runs over to Maggie, they hug. Everyone looks at me. I walk past them and walk to my cell, taking a cloth and a bucket of water, trying to get the scent of the man from me. "Zara?" I look up, seeing Carl, when he seems my face, he looked at me with quilt, he walks into my cell, sitting beside me.

 "Zara?" I look up, seeing Carl, when he seems my face, he looked at me with quilt, he walks into my cell, sitting beside me

He picked the cloth from my hand, starting to clean my arms.
"Carl, what are you-?"
"Glenn told us all what happened, your moms going crazy at my dad, for not killing him. If I went I would've. I wouldn't have to think twice about it" I feel his fingers train across my arm, making me shiver. He moves the cloth to my back lifting my shirt up a little. "Thank you, for what you did for my mom"
"I didn't want to" I mumbled.
"I know you didn't" I turned to face him. He lifted his hand on my cheek, caressing it softly. He slowly leans in, pressing his lips on mine. I felt the world pause around us, everything felt like we were on the spotlight. He pulls away after a second, leaning his forehead on mine. "Thank you" he stands up walking out my cell.

 "Thank you" he stands up walking out my cell

I put some new clothes on. A few minutes later, my mom walks in. She comes in, pulling me in a hug tightly.
"I shouldn't have let you go.I'm sorry" she kisses my forehead.
"I promise I'll be your little girl for as long as I can.But you can't protect me forever"

I've been asleep for the rest of the day

I've been asleep for the rest of the day. I stood up from my bed , leaving my cell. I walk past Glenn cell, I look in seeing Hershel cleaning his wounds. I give them a sweet smile, continuing to walk away. I look into the cafeteria seeing Some new people, I stared at them. Carl unlocks the door and everyone walks in.
Rick walks over to them.
"I'm Tyreese" the highly built man said. "Sasha, Allen, Ben" tyreese said pointing to the others.
"How'd you get in?" Rick asks.
"Fire damage to the administrative part of the prison. Wall's down"
"That side's completely overrun with walkers,
How'd you get this far?"
"We didn't.We lost our friend Donna"
"They were lost in the gyms" Carl spoke.
"You brought them here?" Rick hissed at him.
"He had no choice" hershall said.
"Hershel said you could use some extra hands.
We're no stranger to hard work,We'll go out and get our own food, stay out of your hair.
You got a problem with another group, we'll help with that, too. Anything to contribute" tyreese added.
"No" Rick said. What ahem can they do? They don't seem like bad people.
"Please" Sasha begged.
"No"
"Let's talk about this" Rick looks at Hershel.
"We can't" Rick says.
"You turn us out, you are responsible" tyreese spoke. Rick stayed silent, staring up to the window.
"No. No.no.no Why are you here?What do you want from me?" He turned to tyreese. "Get out! "Whoa, whoa, whoa"
"Get-- get out!"
"Hey, easy, Rick" Glenn says, he pushes him, Carl pulls me behind him.Ricks has officially lost the plot. The people rush out. We all stand there looking at him.