Chapter 31: prince's and peasants

Start from the beginning

Bruce put down the phone and smiled to himself. Ethan had been getting to Damian and Bruce just took him out of the picture.

"Damian Wayne, Timothy Drake and Elena Smith please go to the office with your bags now",the intercom announced to ever class. "Don't those imbeciles know we are in the nurses office?",Damian growled.  "Aw Damian I would have been fine, your dad didn't have to come",Elena said grabbing her bag but Damian took the bag off her.
"I'll carry it",Damian said and Elena was too tired to fight him on it.

Elena and Damian walked to the office or sick bay where they would have to wait to be picked up. "Where's Tim?",Elena asked."TT, probably got lost on the way here",Damian laughed to himself. Elena looked at the poster up on the wall.

 Elena looked at the poster up on the wall

Damian saw her staring at it. "You going to that?",he asked as he sat down beside her.

Elena looked at him blankly. "Nah",she said and she sighed. "Why not?",Damian raised an eyebrow. Elena laughed. "Haha I have no one to go with and I ain't going alone",she smiled to herself. "Go with your friends Caroline  and Peony!",Damian tried to convince her. 

"Nah I'm gonna be the 3rd wheel again",Elena shrugged her shoulders. "But I'm guessing you're going",she smiled at Damian. "Haven't made my mind up",Damian said looking away."haha you're so lucky",Elena sighed.

Damian looked at her."why am I lucky?",he said as if she was joking. Elena stared at him."you don't get it do you?",she shook her head. "I'm lost Elena",he awkwardly smiled.

"Damian, most girls in this school wants you to ask them and most  guys envies you! Of course you will go and you're  gonna be like a prince and-",she covered her mouth.

There was an awkward silence and Damian stared at her. Elena was screaming internally. Elena went red. Then Damian started chuckling and then turned to hysterical laughing.

Elena watched as Damian laughed. She hadn't seen him laugh like this before, his laugh was weird but cute and it was unused."I didn't mean it like that..",Elena said quietly."you think"he laughed"I'm some kind of prince?",he held his stomach with laughter."well your dad is practically the king of Gotham so I don't know",Elena nervously laughed.

Damian sighed. "We have totally subsided from the main topic here",he was still chuckling. "That being?",Elena looked at him sideways. "You.",Damian raised an eyebrow. "Me?",Elena said confused."yes, why aren't you going to that dance thing?",Damian questioned."no ones going to ask me and I'm not going alone, happy?",Elena crossed her arms."I doubt that, why wouldn't someone ask you?",Damian looked confused.

Elena looked at him as if he was mad. "Okay I've had enough of 20 questions thank you very much",Elena said trying to change the subject. "Elena don't change the subject",Damian saw through it. Elena looked away.

"Elenaaa..",Damian tried to get her attention. "Where's Tim?",Elena asked."okay what you're doing that's called avoiding the question",Damian kept nagging her until she had had enough. "Damian",her voice sounded frustrated. "You know what fine. Why would anyone ask me?, oh I don't know? Maybe  beacuse I'm hideous, I have a the most worst fashion taste, I hate my hair-",Damian interrupted. "I like your hair.."there was an awkward silence. Damian closed his eyes and sighed. "I said that out loud didn't I?"Elena shook her was as if to yes.

They both burst into laughing. "Damian I just had a mental breakdown over something petty, let's face it no guy is every gonna like me",Elena sighed.

Damian pointed at her. "Hey that was not nothing, he invaded your personal space which is the height of ignorance and rudeness towards someone",Damian was getting himself worked up. Elena stared at him. "Okay either you did eat a dictionary this morning or you are secretly royalty",she joked.

"Well if I'm a so-called "prince", what are you?",Damian gave his trademark smile. Elena smiled back. "A peasant",she said and she didn't even need to think. "Compared to you Damian, I am nothing but a mere peasant",she smiled at him. Damian wasn't expecting that answer.

He thought girls would have thought of themselves as princesses, but nope, not Elena. Just as Damian was about to correct her Tim burst through the door and he was angry. "Why the hell am I going home?",Tim pouted and sat down beside Elena. Tim had ruined Damian's chance...as usual. "Nice to see you too brother",Damian grunted at him.

Tim totally ignored Damian. "Elena how are you feeling?",Tim asked nicely. "I'm fine thanks",Elena smiled. "She nearly fainted",Damian said without hesitation.

Tims's face dropped. Elena looked up and then death stared Damian. "Elena I didn't know..are you sure your okay?",before Elena could answer Tim, Tim answered himself. "Of course not! Your mom is coming to pick you up",Tim answered his own question. Damian sighed heavily. "No Timothy we are taking her home",Damian tried to be polite as possible.

There was silence. Elena closed her eyes and wished for this to be over. "I'm missing something aren't I....",Tim looked at Elena and Damian.

Damian shook his head at Tim. "Bloody idiot". Tim cleared his throat."well I'm gona run to the...you know...the men's room",Tim said as he awkwardly walked out of the sickbay. Elena laughed. "Tim's so funny",she smiled. "And stupid and dumb and ignorant and pathetic and-"Damian sighed"my brother". "So back to the whole "prince and peasant thing" why do you think yourself as a peasant?",Damian wanted to make his point clear."Well your the wealthiest kid in Gotham, making you the prince, I'm the peasant because..well...compared to you I'm a peasant or the common wealth as they said back then",Elena was seeing this conversation going no where."well fine then your a peasant",Damian smiled. "Yes..I am.",Elena was confused. "But...",Damian added.

He suddenly forgot what he was going to say. "You know that story..about the pumpkin and the mice and the weird unpractical shoe?",Damian had never read fairy tales.

Elena smiled. "Cinderella..I loved that story as a kid",Elena could see what Damian meant. "Yeah well your Cinderella then and you will get your "happy ending"thing or whatever you call it because all those things you said earlier are not true.",Damian was trying to cool with this but he felt dumb.

"Damian, what are you in implying?",Elena half laughed. "Go to the ball.",Damian said. Elena sat back. "Hehe I'm not going alone Damian",she retold him. "Come with me then",Damian's was heart was speeding and that was new for him.

Elena realised he wasn't joking. "Seriously?",she looked at him as if he was crazy. "Yes, seriously.",Damian was trying very hard at this when Tim came back in. "Bruce is here",Tim said as he picked up his bag. Damian closed his eyes and sighed, Elena started laughing. "Oh come on what have I missed now?", Tim moaned. Damian chuckled. "Idiot"