*CHAPTER 43*

Why struggle to open a door between us when the whole wall is an illusion?

~ Rumi
*
*
*
*

The soft hums of impatient strides were the only thums slashing the silence,as I stood just a little far wishing he leaves so I may run to my room

The soft hums of impatient strides were the only thums slashing the silence,as I stood just a little far wishing he leaves so I may run to my room.But some desires are just their to calm your nerves because the very  next moment his gaze clashed with mine narrowing just a little more than necessary with that my heart exerting extra blood to calm the sudden uneasiness my veins went through.

"Talk over?"he raised his eyebrow.

"Uhm hmm" I nodded hesitant not wanting to give any details .

"Let's patiently talk in the room" he opened the door

"Um we should go in the  lounge" I advised

"The back one" he pointed unfazed.

"N no the main one "I gestured

"Let's go" he rolled his eyes with an irritated huff.

"So what have you decided ?"he crossed his arms as I took a seat in the empty lounge .

Please stay the same Umar you have been for the past week

"I um."

"Before you start do know that I am aware of uncle's decision.I was there with him and granny when they discussed"

"Umar I really want to complete at least a year more before it."I confronted with a Ray of confidence

"You don't even like me "he stated .

"That's not what I said".I corrected.

"But you are  showing  it! .I know you don't love me, but I didn't think that you: ..he kicked the table making me  abruptly stand .

"Umar that's not the case please calm down" I stood in front of him gazing at his dark eyes filled with an unknown emotion mixed with rage and questions.

"Than why didn't you agree?" he asked slowly while his eyes roamed every inch of my scared face.

"Nikkah isn't an issue Umar I agree for it and so does baba it's just the ruksati.I I need time "I answered politely

"When you like a person Areesha you accept everything to be with them and here you are saying you need time ! ."

"I need time to focus on my studies Umar this year is really important to me and the next to but I am just asking for a year."

"There are many girls who complete there studies after marriage what is in it that you can't do it "

"Those girls are competent enough to do so but I don't think I can .Please understand Umar what you are thinking isn't true I am willing to do the Nikkah but I just need a little pace of time to fulfill my responsibilities and studies with equal attention."I reasoned