Chapter 21- Protected

I really need a great cover for my book. I would love it if one of my great readers could make me one or if anyone knows someone who does. I would really appreciate any help. Message me if you can help. Thanks.

=============================================================

Chapter 21

 Rory and I both changed out of our bathing suits and walked back into the dining room where Nana and Laurens mom Lisa were sitting.

            ". . . I don't know if it had anything to do with Rory or not." Lisa was saying.

            "What?" I asked sitting down in a chair across from Nana. I scrutinized her as Rory sat down next to me. She looked tired which was a slight shock. My Nana always looked so lively. It was a bit depressing to see this affecting her so much.

            "I was informing her of how tired you were this morning" Lisa answered me.

  "Oh. Yeah, Rory was the same way," I commented "but I was a lot worse."

 "Do you think this is because of what you mean to each other?" Nana asked, looking at Rory.

 "Yes" he stated simply.

  "Why do you think that is?" Nana asked with a frown.

   "Well, the first night we spent apart since I told her what I was we both couldn't sleep. When I took her to my house she was able to sleep fine. I don't think that was a coincidence. I'm not sure why this is happening. I never heard of not being able to sleep apart and Shawn and Jolie seem to be fine. Maybe it's because we spent two nights in a row together. We might have brought this on ourselves" he mused.

"Why didn't you need to sleep?" Lisa asked interestedly.

  "I'm stronger than her" he stated matter-of-factly. "I won't leave her again, though. Especially not now." Rory said this to my Nana, looking her straight in the eyes as if he was daring her to disagree. "I can't. Not after what we learned today in school." They both stared at each other for what seemed like a long time. "I will be very difficult to get rid of" Rory said in a threatening tone.

"Rory" I gasped at his blatant disrespect. How dare he talk to her that way.

  He glanced at me with a look of pure pain on his face. I flinched back.

  "No need to be difficult" Nana smiled indulgently at him. "You will just have to stay with us."

  Her words were a shock but if she seen what I just did I understood why she obliged. "Are you serious?" I asked just to make sure I didn't get my hopes up for no reason.

"Yes, well, it will be easier if he's with you. I will be gone often, trying to convince other coven members of what the right side is. Rory will be able to keep you safe. The house is too excluded for my liking right now. Your aunts and I will be busy the next few days. You will need to make a plan for yourselves while at school. I do not think Athalia would be ignorant enough to risk exposing herself in such a public place, but I have learned she is lacking something in the brain department" Nana said calmly.

Wow this was a bit crazy. Excitement started to bubble up inside me at the thought of sleeping with Rory for the foreseeable future. Oh, wow. My mom would flip if she knew this. Haha.

  Lauren, Matt, Rob, and my sisters walked in at this moment.

  "I was wondering what you two were doing" Lauren said with implication clear in her voice as she smirked.

  I blushed a tiny bit as everyone turned to look at Rory and I. Stupid best friend trying to embarrass me. I scowled at her.

 Jolie took the heat off of me as she said hello to our nana. I was grateful for her. "Is Jillian allowed to come home yet?" she asked.