Protected Chapter 2

Chapter 2

            We entered into the clearing where our coven meetings were held. It was very nice here. There were benches surrounding an already lit bon fire and an open space where our circles were cast. There was a pavilion with picnic tables underneath off to the side. I smelled something good. The tables were covered in too much food. We set our baskets down on one of the tables that had a variety of things on it. Some witches with certain gifts traded like Nana was doing with her herbs. I went over to one of the food tables and grabbed myself a hot dog. I scanned the growing crowd and saw Josie and Jolie sitting next to a blond haired boy. It must be Shawn because I had never noticed him before. I went over to where they were sitting and sat down next to Jolie. Josie was talking a mile a minute. Jolie turned to smile at me.

            "Hey Shawn this is my sister Jillian" Jolie interrupted Josie.

            "Hi nice to meet you" he said smiling at me shyly.

            "Nice to meet you too" I smiled back as I felt someone sit down next to me.

            "I see you met the new kid" Cameron said as I turned to look at him. He smiled at me and I smiled back. He was good looking with short blond hair and light green eyes. He had perfect features which is why every girl in our coven wanted him. The power didn't hurt either. I didn't let these things blind me though. Cameron was cocky, bigheaded, arrogant, rude and my list went on. He could fake being nice for only a short period of time.

            "How have you been Lily?" he asked.

            I cringed. I hated when he called me that. Only people that I was close to could call me that.

            "Good Cam, real good." I muttered and rolled my eyes.

            "Of course you are, look at you" he pushed my hair off of my shoulder.

            "Don't touch me" I said as I pulled away from his hand.

            'Jillian' Nana called me. I walked away from Cameron quickly. I was so grateful that my Nana just saved me from him. That would have turned into a fight quickly.

            'He has boundary issues does he not' she said angrily when I was next to her.

            'Tell me about it' I sighed. 'What do you need?'

            'Nothing. It looked like you needed some help. Look busy.' she waved to the baskets on the table and laughed.

            I laughed with her as I started rearranging the baskets on the table.

            'Everyone gather 'round' Athalia's voice projected through the clearing. Athalia was very beautiful with long curly blond hair and blue eyes the color of a crystal clear ocean. She was tall and slim and always wore white.

            We all took our seats. Families sat together except for the coven board members such as Nana and Tasha. Our bench was to the left of Athalia since our family is regarded with such power. Athalia's family sat to her right. Cameron and his dad Michael were directly across from us.  Cameron smiled over at me but I turned my head away.

            'I want to start off this meeting with a prayer of thanks. Spirit, Earth, Air, Fire, Water we thank you.

            The coven repeated it back to her.

            'Thank you to everyone who has contributed in bringing things for tonight's meeting as well as extra gifts from home to share. I would like to introduce a new family to our coven. Please Stand' she gestured to where Shawn was sitting. 'This is Camilia and Shawn Mason. They have moved here from Virginia, some of you might recognize them from our last meeting. The Masons live here in Boyce town so I ask others in this community to make them feel welcome.'