Chapter 37: Part 1

North

Traffic is always bad around this time. I just dropped Allie off at the center and I'm probably going to be stuck here for a little.

Ever since we left her parents place a few days ago she's been in a very depressive and low state. She doesn't talk much and her level of affection is weak, but I'm not worried about it because I know she just needs time. I'm waiting for the right time to talk to her further about it.

I haven't mentioned what happened after she balled her eyes out on me that afternoon. She hasn't said anything about it either.

Work has been slow. Hector hasn't been bothering me as much as usual. I think he has a feeling that I'm going to leave and right now that option feels like the best choice. This place isn't good for Allie anymore. I don't really care for the city that much anymore either. The only problem I have at this point is being so far away from my parents graves.

I knew going to her parents house wasn't a good idea. I knew things were going to take a turn for the worst, but what type of fiancé would I be if I didn't support her and have her back? After all, Allie deserves answers.

It hurt me, to hear those words being shouted at Allie. It hurts me to think that Jay is that cruel. It also hurts to think that Allie's mom is still with him. I always thought no parent could feel that way about their child. He doesn't deserve a family. He deserves to be locked away in jail for domestic violence and solely for just being a shitty person.

Seeing my soulmate broken down is the worst thing ever.

But now I've decided to take matters into my own hands. I've let Allie have her space and I'm giving her time to recuperate and pull herself together so she can face them once again, but I think now is a perfect time for me to intervene.

With life getting challenging again I haven't had the time to rejoice the fact that I have to plan our wedding. It took me by surprise that night when we drove to the beach. I think it also took her by surprise too because I could tell that it wasn't planned. It kind of seemed like it was on the spot.

Growing up with my parents and growing up with Hector and Mya, I was raised a little traditional. I'm in love with the whole get down on one knee thing and say a little speech before popping the question. A part of me wishes she did do it like that, but at this point I could careless. I'm still happy either way.

What makes it special is that it's Allie. She decided to ask me all on her own without anyone influencing her.

I didn't tell anyone yet because of everything that's going on, but I plan to eventually. What hurts me the most is that my parents aren't alive to help me and witness me get married. I know I have Hector and Mya, but it will never be the same. I'll never get my real father to walk me down the aisle. My mother won't be able to help me pick out a dress. To be honest that was one of my many dreams as a little girl.

My phone rings out of the speakers of my car. Luckily I'm in traffic and I have more than enough time to look at my phone and tap the answer button. Also, Bluetooth is a really nice thing.

"Hi Mom." I said.

"Hi sweetheart. How are you?"

"Fine, just stuck in a little traffic. Do you need me for something?"

"I was just wondering how you and Allie are doing. We haven't spoken since you left." She said.

I sighed, feeling bad that I kind of forgot about her, "I know, I'm sorry. Allie and I have been busy with ... a lot."