Chapter 18

Allie

My memories are slowly piecing themselves together. My promiscuous ways have been revealed to me. All the women I've been in bed with, all the different moans and bodies I've heard and touched. To be honest a piece of me wants to go back to that. Then the other piece of me wants to stay with North.

Last night was relaxing. I felt super high class in the restaurant North took us too. The food was amazing. Then she drove around the city and occasionally we went into stores to shop for random things for her office.

I still feel like she's keeping things from me. Like there's stuff she doesn't want to tell me. Was it always like this? Did she always act this way? Cryptic and strung up like her nerves are in knots? or is it because of my accident? Probably both. I try not to focus on her weirdness anymore. I'm sure she'll eventually even out.

Today, Wednesday, we have volunteers coming over. They're supposed to be helping us with our physical therapy.

I'm sitting in my wheelchair in grey sweatpants and a white tank top, staring at all the colorful equipment in this room. I make North put my hair up in a bun whenever I come here so it doesn't get sweaty and greasy on my back.

There's a few people already getting started. Not many people my age need psychical therapy unless they've gotten into a shit accident like me. The people here my age are the actual trainers, well most of them.

"Afternoon Allie, hows it going today?" Clara asked, setting a blue mat down.

Clara is one of my trainers. She's a little older, somewhere in her mid thirties. She has a blonde buzz cut and an overall nice body. She's my height with brown eyes and slightly darker skin.

"Going good. Just relaxing before the volunteers come." I replied.

She sat down and began stretching her legs, "How are you feeling?"

I shrugged, "Better. I've been walking around more in the house."

"That's good. I forgot to mention we've appointed volunteers to everyone."

"So, we each have our own volunteer to help us?" I asked a little confused.

"In other words I'll have an assistant today." She said.

"Oh. I don't think I'm that much work." I joked.

She chuckled, "Oh don't worry you're anything but. I believe a lot of these people are actually college students just trying to get their hours required for their degrees."

"Makes sense." I said.

"How's North?" She asked.

"Good," I answered. "She's just North I guess."

"Have you rekindled yet?"

"Guess you can say we're getting there, but ... she's just stuck in her own world." I responded dryly.

She sighed sadly, "I remember when my husband lost his memory. I was definitely shaken up to the core. I understand how she feels."

"Your husband lost his memory? Did he get hit by a car too?"

She smiled, "No, we were arguing and he slipped on something that dropped from the kitchen counter. He hit the back of his head and for a brief period of time he didn't remember a damn thing."

"I'm guessing you guys are still married?"

She nodded, "Ten years. Just give her time. I can't imagine him getting hit by a car. It's rare people survive that."