Chapter 20

Allie

I open my eyes slowly, trying to adjust to the sunlight peaking through the blinds. I can feel North on me. I hear her gentle breaths. I'm instantly reminded about yesterday afternoon. She finally let me taste her even though she was clearly stressed about something.

She refused to tell me what was wrong. I'm starting to think all of her stress and sour moods are because of me, but I'm trying to make things better. I just want her to be happy and not overly worried all the time.

I slowly scoot away from her, stretching my arms and neck. I look over at her. She's fast asleep with her hair in a bun that's falling apart. Her body is covered in blankets. She looks peaceful and not annoyed for once.

I can't wait until we really have sex. Completely naked and blissful sex without a care in the world and without restriction of my movement. I want to make love to her. I want to really be with her.

Today I'm going to see Maliah. She's going to attempt hypnotizing me. As funny as it sounds I hope it works. I want to get better, but I also want to know about my parents. I want to know about Alix and all the little details that probably meant the world to me. I want to remember my friends.

North moves slightly. The sheets rub together. I finally push myself off the bed and search for my journal. I have to give it to Maliah so she can read it and do her evaluation on me. To be honest I look forward to reading her journal entries. She's clearly been through a lot.

I look over at North's mini office area. Everything is so neat and organized, but a leather book I've never seen before catches my eye. I look back at her before slowly moving around her desk.

I sit in the chair and groan lightly. I can't wait until I can move without being in pain. I grab the leather book on the right side of the desk and place it in my lap. It's definitely old and I can tell by the small tares in the leather and the yellowing pages.

I open the book to the first page only to see a medium sized picture that's torn up around the edges. I pick it up and study it. I see Helena Samson and I hugging. I can only tell it's me due to the fact that I look just like her.

I flip the picture over to the backside to faded ink writing. I can't make out what it says. I flip the picture back around and stare at her smile. It's hard to believe she would do such shitty things to me. Her own flesh and blood.

I close the leather book having no real interest in it anymore and slide it back into place on North's desk. I hold the old uneven torn picture and wonder where exactly did things go wrong. Is she alive? Is she still with Jay? Is she at least okay?

But why should I care? They hurt me purposely ... constantly. They never cared. They didn't love me, but that's okay.

North loves me. She tells me all the time even when she's being weird. I can feel her love, her devotion to me.

"Come back to bed." She mumbled, catching me off guard.

I look up at her. Her eyes are slightly open. I guess a few more minutes of cuddling never hurt anyone.

~

"So how are you today?" Maliah asked folding her hands on her desk.

"Good, just thinking a lot." I answered with my journal on my lap.

"Anything new happened this week?"