Chapter 7

Allie

It's raining outside today. I've been watching the rain drops slap against the window for hours. It makes me forget the amount of pain I'm in. It helps me think.

I haven't been able to take a shower because of my injuries. In fact, my injuries were explained to me fully. Now I know why my head hurts so much. Lots of stitches keeping my skull from gaping open. With this bandage wrapped around my entire head, it just makes things worse. It's itchy under here.

I've been trying my best not to reach back there since it hurts so much to lift my arms to begin with.

Yesterday, North stayed with me until the hospital kicked her out. We didn't talk a great deal though. She just explained to me a few things about the accident ... going over few details. Her vibe was very weak and off putting, but I know she's just in shock and probably tired.

Whenever I look at her I feel like kissing her, but I doubt she'd want to kiss me in this condition. I probably smell.

When she left last night I was supposed to go to sleep and get rest. I did exactly the opposite. I stood up most of the night trying to remember. Anything. And nothing has come up yet. Unfortunately.

I guess that's what it feels like to be "born yesterday."

Today I answer the tons of questions Stamos has set up for me with the help of North, for my retro rad kid amnesia. I call it that to make myself feel better.

"Good afternoon."

I look over to my left to see North stepping inside my bland hospital room. Her heels click against the ground. She's in what looks like a uniform.

"Hey." I replied.

"How are you feeling?" She asked.

"Sore and really sensitive. A little tired." I answered.

She stops inches before my bed and places her hands on her hips. I'd love to put my hands on them. They look nice and firm.

"Are you ready for your test?" She asked.

"I guess. I doubt my head would be any use at this point." I responded.

She leans over me and kisses the lower half of my forehead that isn't bandaged. Her bare lips on my skin. It makes me crawl with excitement inside. I try not move too suddenly so I won't hurt myself.

"That's okay. Right now we just need to get you patched up so you can come home." She said.

"So eager to get me home, huh?" I teased.

She laughed, "Just yesterday you said you didn't know me and now you're being perverted? What happened these past hours?"

"Well ... considering how long we've been together I should just be comfortable with you no matter what," I said. "Even if I lose my memory."

She smiles softly, but it's not really a convincing smile. It looks ... sad.

"Did I say something wrong?"

"What? Oh - no. It's okay. I'm okay." She said.

"Can I ... maybe ... receive a kiss on the lips? Who knows ... maybe it'll refresh my memory a bit."