Chapter 2

I looked weirdly at the man about 20 feet away from me, looking at me with an expression I couldn't quite read. But to say the least, I was a little frightened by the look. I got up, grabbing my bag and slinging it over my shoulder. I tucked my book away safely and hurried out the front door, managing to walk right past his suddenly shocked face. 

I was in the middle of walking right by the pack house when suddenly I got pushed up against the side of the house. I was waiting for some sort of a pain to come but luckily the person who had rudely pushed me against the wall had done it gently.

"Running away, are we little one?" I can hear a deep dark, kind of sexy voice whisper into my ear.

The guy's hot breath fanned against my ear, making me shiver. "What do you want from me?!" I hissed at him, trying my hardest to get out of his grip. One of his hand held my face against the wall well the other had a tight grip on my waist.

"Speak to me like that again and you'll fucking regret it dearly, little one." He whispers into my ear. I gulped down the lump in my throat, wondering how the hell I was getting to get away from this crazy man. 

I mean who just does this to someone!? It's insane, am I right?! Also what gives him the right to speak to ME like that? Fucking idiot. 

I searched my mind, wondering what the hell to do. My parents would be back in like who knows how long, maybe they'd be able to stop this guy from pinning me against the wall like this? But I didn't exactly have time to wait for them, who knows what this guy had planned for me.

Finally, after a few seconds of searching my mind, feeling hopeless, I got an idea. I suddenly kicked my left leg upwards, kicking him right where the sun doesn't shine. His grip loosened on me and he fell to the ground, moaning in obvious pain. I smirked.

"Perv!" I then went slightly over board and spit on him.

But in my defense, he deserved it! With that, I went running through the woods in a random direction. I didn't know where I was heading until I bumped into someone. "Woah, Allison, what's wrong?" I looked up to see that I had run into my dad's friend, Daniel. Next to him where my mom and dad. "Well-umm sorry." I shook my head, backing away from him.

"I just realized I kind of wanted to see the house." I shrug, lying. I didn't want to tell my parents about the crazy guy that had been acting completely insane. My parents had been through enough in the past month, trying to find a pack to join. They had finally found one and I couldn't ruin it for them just because some crazy pack member had decided to be a perv.

Besides, I'd probably never see him again. This pack was too huge to run into the same person twice, right?

"Oh well- we should really go meet with the alpha." My mom says. "It's fine, you can go see it yourself, Allison," Daniel said suddenly, giving me a polite smile. "Okay, thanks."

"It's 5 houses down from here, the door should be open," Daniel said. I nodded and with that, headed towards the direction he had pointed to.

~~

The Alpha's Pov~~

My mate was gorgeous, everything I would've imagined her to be. With curly brown hair, beautiful hazel eyes- and not to mention those pretty dimples she naturally had, even when she wasn't smiling. 

"Alpha, Derek. I think you went a little overboard with your mate there.." My pack member had whispered behind me as I stood up, still in pain from my mate kicking me right in the balls.

I was ready to run after her, try and find her, but hearing one of my pack members say that to me, made me want to rip his head off.

"What did you just say?" I ask, turning towards him. He backed up slightly. "I just mean- well i-it looked like you really frightened h-her." He stuttered as I towered over him, glaring at him. 

I sigh, frowning. "You're right, I probably did." I felt like utter crap. My intentions were not to frighten her, I just got a little pissed when she walked away from me like that. 

"Alpha Derek!" From the distance, I can see my beta walk up to me. Next to him were two older people, looking like they were in their 40's. One woman and one man.

"Daniel," I say sternly, turning to look at him. "These are our new pack members." He says, introducing me to the man and women. "This is Teresa and Jack." He said. I nodded at them, forcing a fake smile as I shook their hands. 

"Hi, alpha Derek." The women said, slightly bowing her head at me. I thought it was a little too much but didn't say anything about it, my mind was still mainly thinking about my mate and trying to find her.

But I wasn't too worried about finding her, she'd show up again, that's how fate works. "Teresa and Jack have a daughter, she went to go look at their new house but they have a couple concerns about her," Daniel said. I nodded. "Okay well let's go into my office to discuss this." 

~~

"So your daughter hasn't changed into her wolf yet?" I asked Teresa and Jack. They both nodded. "She's already 18, we don't think she'll change ever," Teresa said, a hint of sadness behind her eyes. "Hmm.." I nod, looking over at Daniel. "Well that's fine, perhaps there's still hope that she'll turn," I said reassuringly. Although I knew there wasn't.

18 and not a wolf yet? There was no hope for her and I knew at one point after her parents pass or whatever, we'd have to kick her out of the pack, but that would be for later. 

"Yes, of course." Teresa nodded. 

"Well, I'd like to chat with you all more, come to the pack house tomorrow for dinner and we can discuss things more?" I ask them. "Yes, that sounds wonderful," Jack says. "Great! I hope you guys find comfort in my pack, we are very well kept." I say.

"Yes, and not to mention we haven't gotten attacked by another pack in almost 3 years," Daniel says. "Alpha Derek is one of the best alpha's there is." He adds.

I gave him a nod, although once again, I felt like everyone was going a little overboard.

All I did was my job.