Taking A Stand

Jamie's pov

"Mama."

That voice.

"Mama."

So familiar.

"Mama."

So scared. I force my heavy eyes open, almost afraid that when I'm free of this dreamlike world I'll be alone. My vision is blurry, but when I try to wipe my eyes to clear them, my hands were too heavy to lift.

"That was a pretty dumb thing you did. You could have died if you didn't have a wolf, you know."

Recognizing the doctor's voice, I ignored him. It's not like he cares about what happens to me, I mean he is the one that drugged me while I was pregnant just so Quinn could rape me, I don't owe him any answers.

"The Alpha was going crazy, he even insisted that you be trained when you recover. Of course several members of the pack disagreed with him so he exiled them. I knew you becoming the Luna would destroy this pack."

I cleared my throat, ignoring the shocking information I had just received and forced myself to speak.

"You__________."

My voice came out as a raspy croak and I swallowed to wet my throat before I tried again.

"You're a coward then. Only a coward would let a thirteen year old child be mated to and raped by their own sire and stay quiet, while believing the whole time that they would destroy the pack. You could have stood by my Aunt Kathy when she needed it the most, but like everyone else, you stood by silently and allow her to be killed . . . if I do end up destroying this pack, it'll be because you and everyone else decided to sacrifice a child while looking the other way when you could have helped at any time."

My vision cleared enough to see him staring at me, his eyes wide with shock and his mouth opening and closing several times before he stalked out of the room.

"M-Mama?"

I gasped quietly as I finally  realized who the tiny terrified voice belonged to.

"D-Desmond?"

Reaching out carefully, I brushed a gentle hand across the bed, my whole body shuddering when my fingers brushed across the baby soft skin of his cheek.

"B-But I thought___________."

"Alpha Nicholas got your little letter and actually asked another Alpha to leave, just so you could keep your little brat."

I quickly struggled to a sitting position and scooped up my baby at the sound of Quinn's cold voice and heard him come closer.

"You might want to lose the attitude if you want me to train you."

"Train me? I don't want you anywhere near me."

"When are you going to figure out that no one cares about what you want. If you want to keep your pup, will be training with me starting tomorrow."

Sighing quietly I quickly nodded.

"Fine."

Quinn started out the door and I called out to stop him.

"Why did you decide to train me?"

"For some reason, he wants you to be able to defend yourself."

"Why? He knows I'll take Desmond and escape."

"You'd never be able to leave your other pups behind, Luna, we both know that. Now get some rest, you're going to need it."

Waiting until his footsteps faded down the hall before I turned away, shifting my complete focus to my baby.