The Mating Gift

Jaime's pov

Something's wrong. At first I thought it was because of my upcoming mating, but now I have a feeling it's something much worse. It all started a few days ago when one of the Omegas brought me some food and I ended up in the bathroom hanging over the toilet, losing what little I had in my stomach before collapsing to the ground barely conscious. Luckily, I forced myself back to alertness before they came in to check up on me and they believed that I was just suffering the effects of everything I've been going through. I believed that too for a while, after all being raped repeatedly by the only parent you have left would be enough to make anyone sick, but now I realize that it's more than that . . . it feels like something's off with my body, like some alien force is inside of me, and it scares me. I want to ask the pack doctor what's going on, but after everything that's happened, how can I trust anyone around me?

"Jaime, I heard you were sick."

I held back a gasp as my dad's voice cut off my thoughts and I immediately went on the defensive.

"I-I'm fine."

"You wouldn't be lying to me, would you?"

"Of . . . Of course not . . . I really am fine."

My dad . . . Nicholas glared at me thoughtfully for several minutes before a smug smirk crossed his face.

"W-What is it?"

"I knew you'd be fertile, but I didn't expect you to catch so soon."

I stared at him with a mixture of fear and confusion on my face.

"N-No . . . I don't want to have your baby!"

He moved towards me so quickly that all I had time to do was back away from him and cover my stomach before he attacked me, punching me everywhere he could while avoiding my covered stomach. By the time he was finished with me I was curled into a ball sobbing uncontrollably as he stood over me breathing heavily.

If I ever even get an inkling that you're thinking about harming my pups, I will break every bone in your body so you can't move and then I'll make sure you catch again and again just to make it that much harder on you . . . do you  understand?"

Staring at him wide eyed, I couldn't get my mouth to form words.

"Do you think I'm playing with you? Is this all one big joke to you Jamie?"

A horrified squeak was the only reply I could give and I could feel that his patience had snapped, but I was still caught off guard when his hands wrapped around my neck in an unbreakable grip.

"I didn't do all this . . . go against other members of my own pack just so you could defy me at every turn. You will be my Luna and you will bear my children and until I die, they and you will belong to me."

I let out a gasp, my body going limp as his hands finally moved away from my throat. The last things I heard as everything started to go dark were his angry muttering and the door slamming  shut and my last thought before I completely lost consciousness was about the life I was dragging an innocent child into and my own helplessness to protect them.

'I'm sorry baby.'