Helpless

Jaime's pov

I can't get up . . . I lay whimpering on the ground, struggling to get to my feet as warrior wolves gather around me, watching in amusement. Quinn stared down at me with an unreadable expression on his face as I fell to the ground for the sixth time. Finally, he let out an irritated sigh and placed a foot on my back to hold me in place, ignoring my whine of pain.

"Stop moving you idiot, your legs are injured and you're only going to cause more damage if you keep thrashing around."

I looked up at the group of wolves surrounding me, pushing away the shame filling me when I realized I would have to beg them for assistance.

"P-Please, help me."

One of the wolves moved closer, and knelt down, lifting my chin with his fingers.

"What's in it for us? You're nothing but trouble, what are you offering for us not to just leave you here to die?"

"W-Why do I have to offer you anything?! I-I'm your Luna!"

"Actually that's where you're wrong, you're just a whore that happened to catch the Alpha's eye and ended up in his bed . . .  but maybe if you do something for us, we'll feel like doing something for you."

"No."

"What did you say?"

"I said no and . . . and if you touch me, I'm going to tell Nicholas."

"Alright, we wont touch you . . . we'll just use that "mate" of yours.'

"Don't you lay a hand on  him!"

"You guys hear that, the whore is mated to our Alpha, yet begging for the safety of another man; some Luna!"

Quinn let out a roar and everyone fell silent.

"Do not disrespect your Luna, especially in front of me!"

"But you hate him too."

And our Alpha loves him, to the point that our lives mean nothing compared to his. I'm not going risk my life for you because of something as foolish as hatred? I'm not going to lose everything I've ever wanted when I finally have it, now take him back to the pack house."

The wolf that had threatened me nodded his head and gently lifted me from the ground. Though he'd been careful, I still let out a whimper of pain, causing everyone to freeze.

"Be careful, do not cause him anymore pain than is necessary."

I closed my eyes at Quinn's words . . . it was his fault I was hurt in the first place! He must have known what I was thinking, because I could feel his cold gaze focused on me.

"Believe what you want, if you hadn't fought me to protect a traitor I wouldn't have had to harm you."

Feeling Quinn setting up a block from the rest of the pack, I didn't hesitate to speak my thoughts into his head.

'Throwing a pregnant wolf against a tree isn't harming them . . . you almost killed me!'

'I simply kept you from fighting me, Luna. You're the one that makes things harder on yourself. '

I forced myself not to respond, knowing Quinn had a way of twisting my words to make me doubt myself.

'What, nothing to say?'

"Please if he asked you to punish me from running away . . . please don't hurt my pups."

"I will do to you whatever the Alpha wishes. If you're worried about your pups, you should find a way to appease his anger."