Revelations

Nicholas's pov

It was almost time for my surprise. Jaime had just passed out, losing consciousness as I filled him with my seed. His screams of pleasure still ringing in my ears as I looked out at the crowd, smirking at the glazed, lust filled expression on their faces as they stared at my mate.

'You're all too late, he belongs to me.'

Gently running my fingers through his soft sandy brown hair, a thrill shot through me when he pressed himself closer, seeking my touch. Slowly his eyes opened and he looked up at me in confusion. I pulled him  into a sitting position in my lap, a gentle smile crossing my lips.

"You're awake . . . that's good because I have special entertainment prepared for you."

As he continued to stare up at me, I lifted my hand, signaling to the two guards at the door who instantly rushed out; dragging a certain someone with them. Jaime immediately started struggling, but I just tightened my hold on him.

"Aunt Kathy . . . please, what are you going to do to her?!"

"She spoke out against me and for that she must be punished."

"But that's not why you're doing this, is it Nicholas? Why don't you tell him the truth?"

"And just truth would that be, Kathy? What is it that you know that no one else does?"

Jerking away from the guards,  Kathy approached the throne that we sat upon, her eyes focused on me.

"I know that you sent away the one destined to be Jamie's mate because of  your own were jealousy . . . that you've chased away all who honestly wished to court him without his knowledge or consent and that it is only your own guilt that makes you wish to avenge your wife's death . . . guilt that you transferred the love you had for your own mate to a child that barely knows the ways of love and desire. You trapped an innocent child . . . your own son at that in your sick web, just so you could hold his body and soul in your own hands?"

"Yes, this is all very true, however you are too late with your accusations . . . my beautiful Luna is with child."

Letting out a cry of denial, Kathy's pleading eyes saw only cold, undeniable truth in my own gaze. Tears started to fall from her eyes as she finally turned from me and focused her attention on the frozen crowd.

"You are to be blamed for this! You saw
this child's fear and sorrow, yet instead
of easing it, you fed it! You knew of his  shame and guilt, yet you offered him only anger and blame! Each of you knew the  wickedness that would soon befall him,
yet you stood aside and let him fall into
the hands of a monster to appease your own desire for revenge!"

Mitch the pack's greatest enforcer approached, stating her down angrily.

"How dare you talk about our Alpha like that!"

"Yes, defend him . . . defend your precious Alpha who stole the innocence of his own child, while you stood idly by, refusing
to stop it and even now as you stand  witnesses to this mockery of a mating.
Such a strong and proud pack you are."

I saw the moment Jaime's head lowered in shame and sadness  . . . the moment he realized the meaning of Kathy's words ,
that the pack had heard his every sob, every scream of pain; smelled every drop sweat and blood that spilled from him as he was brutally taken again and again, had listened to each one of his pleas, yet did nothing to save him and couldn't help the cruel smile that twisted my lips. The smile faded when he spoke, hopelessness and defeat in his voice.

"I'm sorry Aunt Kathy . . . if I wasn't so weak . . . if I had been able to fight harder, none of this would have happened."

No, Jaime, you did nothing wrong! None of this is your fault!"