Life In His Hands

Jaime's pov

Quiet whimpering.

My eyes slowly fluttered open at the strange sound and I felt a gentle hand stroking my face.

"What should we do with them Jaime?"

"W-What?"

"Well they already told me their side of the story, but with your scent being all over them, I know they're lying . . . so why don't you tell me what really happened."

I looked up, letting out a gasp, when I realized that each of the boys that had attacked me were tied to chairs a few feet from the bed I was laying in and they all looked terrified at Nicholas's words.

"T-They didn't h-hurt me!"

"Do you think that matters to me? They touched you! They know how much you mean to me . . . saw me place my claim on you, yet they still thought they could get away with putting their hands on what belongs to me!"

"It . . . It was my fault . . . I should have stayed inside, but I________________."

Dark eyes focused on me, Nicholas waited for me to finish.

"It was my fault they died! Mama, Aunt Kathy and Dylan's parents! It's my fault . . .  I . . . I just needed to clear my head, but I shouldn't have gone outside without your permission without your permission, please hurt me instead!"

"Innocent little Jaime, still fighting for those who defy me, even though it's useless . . .  well today, I'm finally going to make you understand once and for all how valuable you are to me and after you see what I'm willing to do for you, you'll just how much I love you. Maybe then, you'll understand just how useless it is for you to  think about anyone but me."

"Please, I understand now! Please don't______________!"

Ignoring my plea, he made his way over to the first boy, who shifted in his seat, trying to move away from him.

"I give you food, and a home . . . I give you my protection and all I ask in return is that you follow one simple rule . . . never touch or try to take what belongs to me. Why did you try to harm my Luna?"

"I . . . we didn't! We were protecting him from______________!"

"I can smell his scent on you. I can see the marks on his wrists you left behind. Do you think I would be stupid enough to believe he went to you of his own free will?"

"But . . . it is his fault! He's always walking  around like he wants someone to touch him . . . we couldn't stop ourselves!"

Is that true, Jaime? Did you seduce them?"

"I____________________."

"That's right, he's just a little slut who goes around seducing everyone so he can stir up trouble!"

"I see. And just how is it that everyone else has been able to resist him? Why are you the only ones that fell for his seduction?"

The boys stared at each other nervously, but noone said a word and Nicholas let out an amused laugh.

"Then you will serve as a perfect warning for anyone who thinks of touching what is mine. Jaime . . . I want you to choose."

"I don't understand."

"It's simple I want you to decide who lives and who dies. Which ever boy you choose will be tortured and killed in front of the entire pack . . . the others will be beaten as well, but instead of death they will be imprisoned until I decide to release them."

"No! I can't . . . it's not . . . please don't make me do this!"

"Very well, it's your choice . . . just know if you refuse, they'll all be  instead of only one of them. Now who do you choose?"