Goodbye For Now

Nicholas's pov

Walking the doctor to Jaime's room, I explained what I wanted him to do.

"He's spoiled, Dr Wilhelm, he thinks that he should get whatever he wants and I'm tired of it."

"And you'll allow me to do as I wish?"

"Of course."

Continuing on in comfortable silence, we quickly made our way to the room I shared with Jaime. I knocked on the door to announce our presence, before pushing the door open.

"Jaime, this is  Dr Wilhelm. I brought him here to talk to you."

Jaime didn't respond, lying on our bed with his back to me.

"After you talk, if the doctor tells me that you've cooperated with him, I'll bring the pups back to you."

Jerking around to face me , Jaime clutched his hands together as if he were about to start praying.

"A-And you'll let me keep them?"

"That's right."

Jaime nodded rapidly, turning his attention to the doctor.

"What do you want me to do?"

"Are you happy Jaime?"

"W-What do you mean?"

"You have a life that others would envy, don't you? You're a Luna of one of the strongest packs in the world aren't you? Aren't you happy about that? You have a mate that would do anything for you . . . why won't you accept the life you've been given?"

"I don't need to be a Luna . . . I'm just a kid and my mate is my__________."

"And do you think that matters to anyone but you?"

"I___________."

"Alpha Nicholas, can I please talk to him alone?"

Without replying, I made my way to the door. I'll let Dr Wilhelm handle this, I have a prisoner to attend to.

Dr Wilhelm's pov

Jaime stared at me with fearful eyes and I smirked inwardly. This was going to be fun.

"What right do you have to complain? Isn't it true that your mother died because of you? That young Eric's family died because of you?"

"No, that's_________!"

"Am I wrong Luna Jaime?"

"Please, it wasn't_____."

"Then whose fault is it Luna? And you truly believe that it's your place to complain and criticize the members of this pack? You truly believe that you have the right to defy your mate because he is your sire?!"

"He r-raped me."

"You belong to him, he can cast you out or even kill you if he desires and no one would complain or lift a finger to help you,  don't you realise how lucky you are to have such a kind mate? Many others aren't as fortunate . . . why do you deny him your loyalty and obedience? Why is it so hard for you to do what is best for your pack?"

"Is raping and beating me what's best for this pack? Is passing me around to others or leaving me alone to bear our . . . his pups just to take them away from me what's best for this pack? He's  my mate, he says he loves me, but if he loves me, why . . . why does he keep hurting me . . . letting others hurt me?"

"Simple, Luna everything that's happened to you is because you've proven that you can't be trusted. You've defied your mate and allied yourself with a traitor. You've put your pups . . . this entire pack in harm's way , because of your own selfish whims, can you even deny what I'm saying, Luna?"