Life And Death

Jaime's pov

What's going on? Why can't I move my body? Why can't I open my eyes? A sharp pain goes through my body, pulsing with the beat of my heart and shooting through my veins and a silent scream escapes me. I can feel my pup shifting inside of me as if some evil force is slowly moving towards it and it fills me with guilt because I can do nothing to protect it. Finally after several agonizing minutes the pain fades away and I try to remember the last thing that happened before I ended up like this . . . I remember mating with my dad and how it felt so good that I passed out, I remember someone patting my head and thinking that it reminded me of how Aunt Kathy used to comfort me whenever I had nightmares about my mom . . . then my dad was holding me and smiling . . . I was so confused until the guards dragged Aunt Kathy out and then the yelling started and after that Aunt Kathy was beaten in front of me and there was so much blood and screaming and I just wanted it to stop, I just wanted to help her for once, so I-I . . .

My eyes flew open and I forced my weak body to stand, which I realized was a mistake just seconds before my knees started to buckle. Just before I hit the ground a strong pair of arms wrapped around me, lifting me up and placing me back on the bed.

"That's not a good idea Luna. You don't have the strength to stand on your own."

I recognized the voice of the pack's doctor and immediately tried to get answers.

"What's wrong with me?"

"The Alpha thinks it's best if you don't know that. All you need to know is that you're not in any danger."

"What about my pup?"

"Your pup . . . well actually your pups are fine."

P-Pups . . . how many________________?"

"Well, it's unusual for a Luna to have this many, but I counted six pups."

"S-Six?!"

"That's right . . . congratulations Luna."

"I-I can't do this! I can't . . . I'm just a pup myself, how can I______________________?!"

"Your not alone, the whole pack__________."

"No! I refuse to accept help from anyone in this pack! Everyone stood aside while I was hurt . . . while my Aunt was hurt! I won't let my pups be hurt by this pack even if I have to run away!"

Glaring down at me, the doctor spoke with an anger in his voice that shocked me.

"You think we'll just stand idly by and let you leave? You're forgetting one thing, you may be our Luna, but you have no real power here . . . we listen to the Alpha, we respect the Alpha and if he told me to break your spine and paralyze you so you could never leave his side, I would do it in a heartbeat. He may consider you his Luna, but to the rest of us your nothing more than his whore."

As his words sank in, he pulled out a needle and roughly stuck it into my arm, forcing whatever was inside into my vein. The medicine quickly kicked in and I realized to my growing horror that I couldn't move.

"What did you do?"

A cruel smile crossed the doctor's face.

"I just prepared you for your punishment. Maybe next time you'll choose your mate when it's time to show where your loyalties lie."

His words sent a chill down my spine and I hoped that whatever this punishment was wouldn't break the already fragile hold I had on my sanity.