Everything Comes Into Focus

Jaime's pov

I never knew how peaceful it could be to be alone, not having to hear everyone in the pack murmuring about me as I walk past, no one glaring at me as if every breath I'm allowed to take infuriates them . . . to be able to breathe without worrying that I'll be harmed for it is almost like a miracle. I smile down at my pups who are wriggling around, play fighting each other. I can't believe how big they've gotten so quickly. My smile skips a little as my eyes fall on Desmond, my youngest pup . . . even though the pack doctor managed to save his life, he would never reach the full size or strength of his brothers and sisters and would probably end up being an Omega. A whimper caught my attention and I pulled myself out of my thoughts to focus my full attention on my pups. Desmond was in sitting alone, his head on his front paws and his tail between his legs as his eyes gazed at his brothers and sisters sadly. I had to hold back tears, it seems my pups already know their brother's place in the pack and they're shunning him. I reached down lifting him into my arms and he whined, snuggling against my chest.

"It's going to be alright, baby. I'll always be there for you and I'll never let anyone hurt you."

Hearing his stomach growl, I lay him on the mattress and shifted into my wolf, letting out a low howl to gain my pups' attention and they all clambered onto the bed, shoving each other out of the way to be the first to reach my nipples. Damon, my overzealous older pup kicked Desmond in the face, causing him to let out a pain filled whine, but of course I couldn't do anything about it . . . the last time I tried to stop his aggressive behavior Nicholas beat me until I couldn't move and then held me down and let his wolf rape me, ripping my delicate body apart as I begged him to stop. No it's better for me to just wait until the others are finished and then let Desmond eat. I held back a whine when Desmond climbed off the bed, hiding in the corner.

'I'm so sorry baby, but there's nothing I can do.'

Closing my eyes, I focused on my other pups, using their grunting and slurping to distract myself from the abuse my youngest pup was already facing.

"I've come for my pups, it's time for their training."

Jerking my head up, I looked at Nicholas who stared down at me coldly, lowering my head submissively. He growled angrily and the pups backed away from me whimpering quietly. Nicholas forced himself to calm down, but I could still feel the anger simmering beneath the surface and I knew that he wasn't done with me and that I was going to be punished again as soon as the pups were sleeping.

''Line up.''

The pups quickly approach their sire and I had to force myself to keep my head lowered, knowing any perceived defiance would make my punishment worse.

"Attack."

With loud snarls, the pups leapt at their sire, releasing their fangs and claws as they attempted to wound the "enemy" in front of them. I risked a glance up in time to see Damon sink his tiny fangs into his arm, lowering my head when Nicolas chuckled proudly.

"As expected of a future Alpha!"

Damon peened as his siblings all surrounded him, barking and licking him  in celebration . . . all but one.

I forgot myself the moment I heard Desmond's choked whimper, looking up at the scene in front of me. I let out a shaky gasp when I realized that Nicholas had shifted and was holding Desmond by his neck between his jaws, grinding his canines into his throat.

"You think you can ignore your future Alpha?! You weak, worthless Omega, I'll end your life for this disrespect!"

Desmond let out a  desperate whimper before going limp and in that moment, I forgot everything that had been beaten into me, my attention focused solely on my pup. Snarling, I leapt at Nicholas, who instantly dropped Desmond and turned to counter my attack. We tackled each other to the ground and I went for his neck, trying  to rip his throat out, but of course he was able to push me away and had me pinned to the ground in a matter of seconds. 

'So my little Luna wants to show his fangs, huh?'

'You promised . . . You promised me that you wouldn't let our pup die!  I've done everything you've asked me to do . . . you promised me!'

'Shut up! That Omega isn't our pup and you've dare to attack me because of him?! I'm going to make sure that you learn what happens to anyone that raises their claws against me!'

He suddenly released me and shifted, rising to his feet.

"Shift."

"Nicholas please___________________________."

"I said shift."

All the courage that had filled me just moments before vanished at the coldness in his tone and I quickly shifted back into my human form. His eyes looked me up and down at as my eyes met his, I shuddered when I saw a flicker of lust mixed with the anger in his gaze.

"P-Please Nicholas, not in front of our pups."

"Shut up. After what you did, you have no right to ask me for mercy . . . but I'll give you a choice, you submit to my punishment or I take the Omega right now and let him begin his training."

"No! He's not even a year old, you'll kill him!"

"And whose fault will that be?"

Nicholas smirked knowing he'd backed me into a corner and I lowered my head in shame, stepping closer to show my surrender.

"What do you want me to do?"

Pushing me over to the bed, Nicholas instructed me to hold on to the rail no matter what. I heard a soft clinking sound behind me, swallowing when I realized it was Nicholas removing his belt.

"If you move or beg me to stop, I'm going to banish the Omega and leave him in the woods at the mercy of any animal looking for an easy kill."

Before his words could even register in my mind, the buckle of the belt slammed into my back and it was only luck that I managed to hold back a scream. Nicholas struck me again and again, each strike harder than the previous one, trying to make me scream or stumble; but all I could think of was my pup being killed in Omega training or cast into the forest and ripped apart by the first predator looking for an easy meal and that gave me the strength to endure whatever Nicholas decided to do to me. With an angry growl, Nicholas threw the belt away with enough force that it cracked the wall in front of me, his large hand wrapping around my small fragile neck; jerking my head back and cutting off my air.

"I've given you every! I made you my Luna and yet you choose this pathetic Omega over me?! Tell me why!"

Nicholas loosened his grip on my throat and I pulled in several weak breaths to answer.

"Omega . . . or . . . Alpha . . . he's my . . . pup . . . and I . . . love him."

Snarling quietly, he released me completely and I collapsed onto the floor.

"I hope he was worth it."

Nicholas let out a series of sharp yips and my other pups made their way towards him.

"My pups can no longer be left in your care. As of today they will be raised by someone I can trust. I'll leave the Omega with you."

Clutching my wounded throat, I forced myself to speak.

"Please my pups need me! You can't take them away!"

"Say another word and the Omega comes too."

Falling silent, I collapsed to the ground, curling in on myself and as tears filled my eyes I wondered how much was he going to take from me before he finally broke me completely.