Chapter 30: rivalry gets out of hand

Start from the beginning

The next morning Damian didn't even come to the kitchen he sat on the stairs and waited for Tim to finish getting ready but he didn't shout at Tim he just waited quietly. This made Tim even more nervous so he was ready in time. Bruce asked Damian what was his first 3 classes. Damian simply answered geography, physics and history. "Oh that's okay I guess",Bruce said trying to get Damian to talk."guess so",Damian answered quietly. Bruce was worried Damian usually gave a smart remark. Alfred drove the boys to school. Tim tried to make conversation with Damian but Damian wasn't even listening. Tim decided to drop it.

Damian saw Elena and Stephanie walking to school. Stephanie saw the car and knew it was Tim and Damian. She waved like a maniac at the car and Elena waved as well. "Haha its awesome that Stephanie and Elena are friends",Tim said as he waved back at the girls. Damian waved back as well. Alfred dropped the boys off and Tim decided he'd wait for Stephanie at the entrance. "You wanna wait too?",Tim asked Damian. "Sure",Damian said casually. The minute Stephanie saw Tim she ran up to him and hugged him. Elena laughed as Stephanie squeezed Tim tightly that Tim could hardly breathe. "Hey Damian I haven't spoken to you in ages!",Elena said to Damian. Maybe because Ethan makes sure you and I aren't in the same area, Damian said to himself. "I know, I see Ethan hanging out with you a lot.",Damian blurted out. "Yeah I don't know what's that about, he won't leave me alone at first it was fine but now it's just annoying",Elena said rubbing her head. "You think he's annoying?",Damian said smiling. "Yeah I wish he'd just stop trying to follow me it's weird",Elena added. "I can help with that.",Damian smirked. "Really how?",Elena said happily."like this..",Damian said and he put his arm around her and pulled her closer.Elena froze. "He hates me and if he sees us together like this he will get the message to back off",Damian said walking into the school."that's okay I guess",Elena said nervously. They walked passed the area where the football team hangs out. Ethan straight away spotted them. He glared at Damian and Damian glared back and smirked. Elena looked at the ground this was between Damian and Ethan.Everything was going fine Ethan had kept his distance at break. Next class was maths "I think it worked",Elena said happily to Damian. "I'm sorry you had to get involved in this, it's between me and Ethan.",Damian said with empathy in his voice. "It's fine Damian I'm glad it's over",Elena smiled at him reassuring him. Next class was Mindfulness a class that everyone could talk to each other and it's a class where they organised school events. Damian ,Elena and Ethan where all in this class. "Okay, we are going to have our annual fall ball soon and you can go with a group of friends or whatever maybe if your in a relationship you guys could go",ms. Julie said to her class. "You guys can start planning now",she added. Everyone became excited.

Ethan suddenly began coughing loudly that everyone stopped and stared at him. Ms.Julie came down to him. "Ethan are you okay?",she asked. Ethan shock his head as if to say no as he coughed. "Right Elena smith take Ethan outside for some fresh air and if he doesn't stop take him to the nurses office.",ms . Julie said to Elena . Julie trusted Elena.

Damian looked at Elena. Elena looked at him and she looked panicked. "Of course ms. Julie",Elena answered nervously. "Oh no",Damian thought ."he's gonna ask her to that ball.",Damian said to himself.

Elena walked out of the class with Ethan. Ethan kept coughing as they went outside and they sat down on a bench. Damian watched from the window of the classroom. He knew Ethan was pretending to be sick.

Elena patted Ethan on the back a few times and Ethan pointed to the school gardens which had a long pathway out of Damian's sight. Elena nodded and helped Ethan up and as they walked towards the pathway Ethan turned back and saw Damian.

Ethan gave the most evil smile at Damian and Ethan then looked at Elena up and down. Damian's heart froze a cold sweat followed. Ethan didn't have any intention of asking Elena to the dance.

He had something else planned and Damian wasn't going to be to stop him because Damian was stuck in class. Elena and Ethan went out of Damian's sight. Damian was panicking. He didn't know what to do. He ran up to ms.Julie
"Ms, Elena is in trouble!",he blurted out. "What are talking about?",ms Julie said annoyed. "Ethan faked being sick he wanted Elena and him to be alone!",Damian said trying to give her the message. "Damian sit down",she rolled her eyes.

He pointed at the window. "Do you see them? Cuz I don't",he said infuriated. She didn't see them.

Ms. Julie panicked"oh god",she got up quickly. "I'll get another teacher , you run ahead and get your brother Tim just tell his teacher it's an emergency",she said and told her class she would be back so stay quiet.

The reason ms. Julie believed Damian was because she knew of Lola and Elena dispute and she knew Ethan loved Lola.

Damian and ms.Julie ran. Damian ran to Tim's biology class and ms.Julie got ms. Samson and mr. Johnson(the PE teacher)

Back with Elena and Ethan. Ethan had stopped coughing and they were walking on the pathway to the school gardens. "I think your better now let's head back",Elena said turning around. But Ethan grabbed her. "Ethan your hurting me..let go",Elena said slightly panicked. "You took Lola away from me..",Ethan had no emotion in his voice, he didn't even look at Elena. "Why is everyone saying that? I did nothing wrong I tried to comfort her and she nearly took my eye out!",and Elena yanked her arm out of Ethan's grasp. But Ethan then grabbed Elena's 2 arms and pushed her against the wall. "Ethan! What the hell let go of me!",she yelled at Ethan . Ethan totally ignored her. He got closer to her. Elena then knew what the hell Ethan was doing so she kicked his knee and Ethan let go of her to look at his knee. Ethan this time ran at Elena and grabbed her. Elena fell face down, hitting her head. Ethan got up and moved closer. Elena couldn't breathe as Ethan grabbed her side. 

Elena felt a shiver up her spine. Ethan raised his fist to her and Elena closed her eyes, when someone landed behind them ,leaving the pathway cracked and in pieces. A large slender hand grabbed Ethan and lifted him off of the ground. Elena slid away but she couldn't even pick herself up. The mysterious person then spun Ethan around and punched him so hard they knocked him unconscious. 

"Damian?...", Elena whispered, her voice shaking. The person came closer to Elena. The person turned out to be a woman a large woman. It was Wonder Woman.

She kneeled down to Elena

She kneeled down to Elena."it is okay now he won't hurt you and neither shall I..", she smiled and fixed Elena's hair. "Wo-nder wo-man?",Elena got out.

Then Wonder Woman turned around she could hear Damian calling out for Elena he was getting close. "We will meet again Elena I promise..", Wonder Woman said as she blasted off into the sky leaving a cloud of dust. 

Elena looked at her hands they were shaking and grazed. Damian, Tim and the teachers came around the corner. Damian's eyes widen when he saw Elena and he ran even faster up to her. "Elena!",he shouted as he took his coat off and put it around her. Ms. Julie nearly collapsed when she saw what had happened. Tim took Ethan's pulse.

He was fine but Elena wasn't, she stared at the cracks in the pavement. The teachers looked at the cracks in the concrete. "It's like Superman dropped out of the sky and landed here", ms. Samson said. Tim knew that she was close. 

Someone had saved Elena. Damian held Elena tightly and tried to comfort her the best he knew. Ethan and Ethan had taken the rivalry to a whole new level and the only person that had really gotten hurt was Elena.

Love's Sorrow (Under Edits)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara