Chapter 30: rivalry gets out of hand

This became regular. Everyday was the same. Ethan would chat up Elena at break and lunch and Ethan would give Damian a smirk here and there to remind him that Damian was losing. Sandra and Bart would be watching Damian's every move as he was always a little bit closer everyday to killing Ethan and they made sure that they would be ready to bring him back to his senses. But what bugged Damian the most was Elena seemed more comfortable around Ethan as he was being "nice" to her. Damian couldn't stand it. Eventually Sandra ended up telling her uncle (Oliver queen aka green arrow) and Oliver told Bruce what was happening.
So Bruce decided he needed to set some boundaries for Damian before Damian did something he would regret.
It was damp in the bat cave and a little colder then usual. Bruce had just finished up a penguin case and Alfred was patching up his grazes and cuts and Damian had an ice pack to his shoulder and was holding a tissue to his head which was slightly bleeding.
"Damian we need to talk",Bruce said. "About what?",Damian said as he looked at his shoulder. "School.",Bruce added. "What's there to talk about my grades are fine and I'm in no trouble",Damian said only half listening. "Oliver told me",Bruce said raising an eyebrow. Damian growled"backstabbing grunt",Damian said angrily. "Well it's better him then the headmaster telling me..",Bruce said trying to calm him down. "She's worried about you Damian she had good intentions",Bruce carried on. Damian blurted out"What am I suppose to do? Sit there and watch Ethan pretend as if he's her friend? Last time I checked he was linked to Lola and don't forget he locked me in a basement and next thing I know he's Elena's boyfrie-",Damian stopped he suddenly felt upset. Alfred stopped and looked up and so did Bruce. "Damian..",Bruce could see there was more to this then he knew. Damian laid down the cloth from his head. "I know what he's doing...he loved Lola and he thinks Elena's the reason she's gone..so she's the only connection left to Lola that he can have.....he's using her..and I'm scared that-",Damian stopped again and looked away. "I hate emotions they are such a nuisance yet I'm a human being and I'm stuck with them..",Damian laughed to himself and he sighed."I'm an idiot for ever even thinking like that",Damian whispered loudly and he got up and walked off"goodnight father goodnight Alfie",Damian said not even turning back. "He called me Alfie..",Alfred said a little upset. Damian only called Alfred that when he was upset or not well. Bruce sat in the chair still registering what happened. "I need to go after him",Bruce said as he tried to get up but failed and fell back into the chair. "Master Bruce sit still I'll go check on him after I finish up with you",Alfred said making sure Bruce sat still. "What the hell am I going to do like, I don't blame the kid",Bruce said rubbing his hand through his hair. "She's his friend I get it he doesn't have many of them but the ones he does have he's very sentimental about them",Bruce said trying to figure it out. "Master Bruce I think she's more then a friend to him..",Alfred added as he wrapped cloth around Bruce's shoulder. Bruce half looked at Alfred and his eyes widen "your right",Bruce said and slapped himself in the face. "Im so blind why didn't I notice that from day 1",Bruce said. "But Damian is very calm when it comes to his emotions this isn't like him",Bruce added."well master Bruce out of everyone you should know the best love makes you do crazy things",Alfred added as he packed away his medical supplies. Bruce felt a shiver up his spine. "Aww jeez it sounds weird when you say that Alfred",Bruce said thinking about Damian.
"I'll go see if he's okay Bruce you get some rest",Alfred said. "Sleep is for the weak!",Bruce answered as he turned on his computer. Alfred laughed as he walked up the stairwells, That's where Tim gets it from Alfred thought.

Alfred walked up 2 flights of stairs and at the top he was panting a little "I'm getting to old for this,Alfred said to himself. He walked over past Tim's room and the door was slightly open. Alfred peeked inside and saw Tim at his desk studying fundamental principles of counting. Dick and Jason's rooms were locked as they were both away. Then Damian's room. Alfred knocked on the door. "Damian, it's Alfred I need to take a look at your shoulder.",Alfred made an excuse. There was no answer. Alfred was worried. "Damian..,is everything okay?",Alfred said nervously. Alfred knocked again. No answer. Alfred decided he would go in anyways to save him finding out in their morning that Damian wasn't there as he had jumped out the window and was somewhere in Gotham. But Alfred was wrong. Damian was asleep. Alfred was relieved. Titus and pennyworth(the cat) were curled up beside Damian. Alfred looked at Damian's shoulder. It looked dislocated. Alfred took out his medical kit he couldn't let Damian sleep on a dislocated shoulder. So Alfred had no other choice but to pop his shoulder into place again. He prayed that Damian was heavy sleeper. Alfred grabbed Damian's arm and pushed on his shoulder blade. The click noise went off in Damian's shoulder. Damian didn't even flinch. Alfred didn't know should that concern him or should he be grateful. Alfred took the ice pack out of Damian's hand and then he checked Damian's graze on his head and it had stopped bleeding. Alfred put a blanket over Damian and his pets. Alfred felt sorry for Damian once again. Alfred left quietly. He would have like to speak to Damian.