28. Joshua's Past.

Zacznij od początku

"Welcome to my home sweet home, Declan," Joshua exclaimed happily as he opened the door of his house. On this Sunday afternoon, he decided to bring me to his house. Apparently, we were no longer best friends but mega best friends. I couldn't agree more with him on that.

"Nice place," I told him as I looked around the house. He closed the door and he came to stand beside me, wrapping his arm around my neck.

"From now on, Declan, this is your second home," he stated. "This door will be always opened for you."

I chuckled.

"Mine too will be always opened."

"Sorry but I prefer it to remain closed. I don't want to face your parents again."

I laughed at that, shaking my head. About one week ago, I invited Joshua at my place to play video games. I thought that my parents wouldn't be home but bad luck, they were there. My mom scared the shit out of Joshua and my dad asked him some questions that made both of us uncomfortable. They thought that I brought him home to do more than just playing video games. They made things really awkward in a matter of seconds. I knew that Joshua was attractive but he was my friend and I never considered him in any other way.

"Are you hungry? Or thirsty maybe?" Joshua asked me.

"I'm a little bit of both," I admitted and he told me to follow him. I looked around as we walked. It was really sweet and simple here. We arrived in the kitchen and I saw a woman who was washing the dishes.

"Mom," Joshua said and she glanced back at us.

"Oh, Joshua and Declan," she exclaimed and I was surprised. She knew my name? I never met her before. She immediately stopped what she was doing and walked to us. The sight of her face shocked me more than anything.

She had a long scar on her right cheek which went up to stop just below her eye. She seemed to be young and some small tattoos were present on her neck. She had the same hair color as Joshua but instead of being curly like his, her hair were straight. They also shared the same eyes color.

"Hi ma'am," I greeted her.

"Oh, I happen to be a Miss," she informed me and I frowned.

Should I conclude that she was divorced? Did she even get married? Joshua might claim that we were mega best friends but he sure as hell didn't tell me anything at all about his family. I was still left in the unknown.

"Judging from the look on your face, I'm guessing that my son did not tell you anything," she stated.

"Nope," I simply said and an expression of displeasure came on her face.

"Joshua," she exclaimed as the latter went to open the refrigerator. "How can you not talk about me with your best friend?"

Joshua took out a bottle of coca cola and shrugged before closing the door of the refrigerator.

"He never asked me about you," he said and he went to open a cupboard, removing out two long glass. His mom and I looked at him in disbelief.

"Boy, I don't have to ask you about anything. You basically tell me about everything that passes through your head," I reminded him and his mom nodded in agreement.

"Oh, well, Declan, my mom, mom, Declan," he presented us quickly and he poured coca in each glass. "Here's for you, dude."

His mom sighed and then she went back to washing the remaining dishes. I took the glass and drank some of the coca. It was cold.

"Do you want to play video games?" Joshua asked me.

"Why don't you tell him more about you instead?" His mom asked him.