I sucked on my inner cheek, wondering if I should inform him about her confession during winter break. How she wanted to get away from me all because of her jealousy. All because she didn't love herself. But then again, is it really any of his business? Would it even make a difference?

"Well..." I started before I could stop myself. Detective Miller raised his eyebrows attentively and something told me that I should tell him to make myself seem more innocent. So that's what I did.

"Nothing really," I responded before nonchalantly taking a sip of my margarita.

"I just can't wait till shit goes down." Melanie commented eagerly as she finished pouring Tequila in her cup.

Maria agreed with a nod, raising her glass. "Toast to turning the bitch in- she messed with Violet so she had to deal with the rest of us and now, she's going to pay. Cheers!"

Melanie and I laughed, clicking our glasses together before we took a long sip of our drinks. I wiped the corner of my lips, the amazing taste dancing on my tastebuds and the burning sensation thick in my thirst.

"Dude, I can't believe graduation is literally right around the corner. Sadly by the end of summer or even before that, we'll all be separated though." Maria frowned.

"We won't be at heart," Melanie optimistically chimed in.

I cupped my hands over my mouth and tilted my head back before screaming, "gaaaaay!"

They laughed in unison as Melanie playfully elbowed me on the stomach. At this very moment, my life finally felt normal again. No worries, no stress, no drama. I thought that I'd never be able to feel that way again but I do now and it was absolutely more refreshing than a glass of lemonade and Vodka.

When we went back into the game room, Stephen and Diego were now playing pool while Thomas continued to play on the Xbox. The girls and I sat on the beanbag chairs that surrounded a small coffee table, our margaritas in our hands. Just a few minutes into a good conversation, my cellphone buzzed viciously in my jeans.

"Pause for a second, girls." I informed them, holding up finger before fishing my phone out of my pocket. "Hello?" I answered.

"Violet, I have some crazy news..." Jack's deep voice nervously flowed into the line. I sat up alertedly, feeling myself getting concerned. 

"How crazy?" I questioned eagerly, the girls too busy chatting away with one another to notice.

"Don't worry, it's not a bad type of crazy...it's actually great but I'm just in shock." He breathed out an incredulous scoff before continuing. "I was just offered a scholarship for CU!"

A slow grin crawled on my face and I instantly refrained myself from screaming in accomplish. Not for the fact that he's getting into CU but that I made this happen! I paid my own money for him to get offered a scholarship, so technically he was getting it from me. He just doesn't know that and he never will because he wouldn't want to take it.

And all I wanted to do was help him. That night in the car, I noticed how important CU was to him so I had to do something.

"No fucking way! You're joking, right?" I exclaimed, acting as if I had nothing to do with it. On the inside, I was ecstatic at his reaction. It actually felt good to help someone for once.

"I'm not! This is probably the luckiest day of my life! Now, I can afford to go to CU without a problem! Fuck, I don't even know how to control how happy I feel!" He breathily laughed.

A sincere smile crawled on my face as I tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear. 'That's amazing Jack, I'm really psyched for you. Wanna celebrate?"

"Hell yeah, what about right now?"

"I'm actually at Stephen's with a bunch of friends drinking so--"

"Then tomorrow! I'll pick you up and we can do whatever comes to mind." I can practically hear his grin through the phone. "And if you're wondering, yes there will be drinking and smoking involved."

"I wasn't wondering actually, I don't mind being sober around you. You're tolerable enough." I giggled, biting on my lower lip. Just communicating with him gave me the biggest fuzzy feeling ever.

"Wow, I feel special hearing that from the famous Violet Ferreira!" He teased with a chuckle, "I'll pick you up at 4 tomorrow!"

"Can't wait." I cooed before we said our goodbyes and hung up. Although I was truly happy about what I did for him, an inch of me was depressed because of the fact we'll be separated after graduation. Long distance relationships aren't my thing and plus, they never work out. I don't care who you are. We'll have to have a long discussion about that tomorrow.

Stephen's maid barged into the room, her big eyes landing on Stephen. We were pretty taken aback on her sudden appearance, since she usually goes home to her kids around this time of night.

"What's up, Karina?" Stephen questioned from the pool table, standing straight after perfectly shooting a ball into a hole.

"Um, someone's at the door asking for Violet. It's a young lady with black-brown hair, green eyes?" She described, although it sounded more like a question. As soon as she told us, we all exchanged flabbergasted glances. Why would Danielle show up here and how did she know that I was here?

"Tell her we're not home," Stephen quickly commanded. "Tell her that you thought that I was here this whole time but turns out, I left with Violet twenty minutes ago."

Karina nodded in obedience before closing the double doors behind her. Once she was out of sight, Thomas was the first to open his mouth.

"Whoa whoa whoa, did I just hear the old lady right?" Thomas asked disbelievably, pointing his thumb at the door.

"Um," Maria began hesitantly, making us turn our attention to her. She was sheepishly scratching the side of her head, "she knew that Violet was here because of my Snapchat."

Everyone groaned, throwing in comments of their own and Maria held up her hands. "Sorry, geez! I totally forgot that she has me as a friend!" She defended.

"It's okay." I assured, leaning back on the beanbag chair with a thoughtful sigh. "I'm just curious on why she wanted to speak to me so badly for."

I was literally clueless. It's not like she knows we turned her in or something. On top of that, she doesn't have any dirt on me so she can't possibly be seeking to blackmail me. There's no explanation for this but whatever, I guess we'll find out when we find out.

"Whatever, just forget about it." I flapped my wrist at everyone. Stephen eyed me uncertainly but I nodded to reassure that I meant it. Thomas shrugged before turning back to the TV screen as everyone continued doing whatever they were doing. I sunk deeper into the bean bag chair, taking a slow sip of my drink as us girls started a new conversation.

Almost. It's all almost over.