64 | cooldown

A/N: sorry for the super long wait! how long has it been, like two-three months? shit, I'm slacking so badly and right at the end of the book too smh! but if you guys were waiting, here's an update I've been wanting to proofread and upload for the longest! it's s little short but don't worry, the last few chapters won't be 😋 hope you guys enjoy!

After a long day of being interrogated, everyone else and I went to Stephen's house to hang out and have some drinks. While the boys were busy playing Need For Speed on the Xbox and hollering like monkeys, us girls were making ourselves strawberry lemonade margaritas in the kitchen. It was barely six but hey, it's never too early to drink.

"So, what did Detective Miller say? I bet he was bombarding you with extra suspicious questions." Melanie mentioned, shaking the bottle of Tequila.

I huffed out a small breath, my thoughts trailing back to the hour long interrogation in the room. Well, at least it felt like an hour.

"Are you sure this is the same person, Violet?" Detective Miller doubtfully asked, his left eyebrow cocked so high up that it was about to touch his hairline.

I scoffed, throwing my hands up in exasperation. "Yes, I'm five hundred million percent sure that it's her! You have all the proof in the world! You read her diary entries!" I exclaimed.

He found my aggravation humorous, a chuckle escaping his lips as he folded his hands on top of the table. "I don't mean to aggravate you, it's just my job to be pushy."

"Yeah, I see." I rolled my eyes.

"Do you think there's a more dangerous reason behind why she did all of this? I mean, it's not an everyday thing for a person to wake up and plan out their own fake death."

"Maybe there is, maybe there isn't," I shrugged, grabbing a Hershey kisses from the tray of chocolates on the table. "You're just gonna have to ask her yourself tomorrow."

"Hmm," Detective Miller hummed.

""Hmm" what?" I asked before popping the chocolate in my mouth.

He frowned along with a slight shrug of his shoulders. "Nothing. It's just not normal for someone to do this without the intention of harm or destruct."

I didn't know if she was planning on hurting me so I just shrugged. If I said anything more, I'll practically be snitching on myself. He can't ever find out about what I did to Mason- and he easily could if he wanted to because that's the reason this whole war started in the first place!

"You sure have a history of people wanting to come after you." He felt the need to comment, in reference to my past with my sister.

I leaned against the chair, rolling my eyes as I ignored him. "So, are we done or are we finished?"

"Neither," he quickly snapped with a death glare. I widened my eyes sarcastically before grabbing another Hershey's from the tray. "So how close were you and Danielle?"

I rolled my eyes- I hated questions like these.

"Is the answer necessary?" I countered.

"Yes because that way, we can narrow down reasons to why she would go through this hardship and it'll be easier to get to the bottom of this case. Plus, we can really use it against her." He convinced, leaning back on his chair as well. "You can choose to tell me if you want to make this whole thing easier."