54 | caught

I woke up on my bed, the sunlight rays beaming hard on my face. I groaned in agony, flipping on my back before letting out a huge yawn. Taking a glance at the clock on my nightstand, it displayed 11:15 am. Everything after escorting Ryder out of the party last night was a blur, I couldn't remember a single thing. I didn't even know how I made it home last night and managed to get in my pajamas.

A loud groan coming from the other side of the room snapped me back into reality, seeing arms rise up to the air in a stretch from the couch. Melanie sat up, her eyes tired and a nest on top of her head. "Good morning." She croaked, a small smile on her face.

"Good morning..." I replied, now sitting up with a dumbfounded expression. "How did we get home last night?"

She laughed in amusement. "You drove us here, silly."

"I drove drunk?!" I screamed, my entire body suddenly becoming alert from the news. She winced from my sudden volume and I apologized shortly, knowing that she has a hangover.

"You weren't only drunk, you were high too." She stated the obvious, amused by my reaction. I rolled my hands down my face with another groan before she let out another loud laugh. "I'm just kidding, you didn't drive. Some sober guy drove us."

"Who?" I asked, finding it weird how there was an actual sober person at a party. Then when I wondered about the whereabouts of my R8, I gasped dramatically. "Where's my car?!"

"Don't worry, Chloe drove it here when she realized we were gone. You're lucky she doesn't drink and you're lucky you let her hold onto the keys." She informed, standing up from the couch while straightening out her hair with her fingers. "Wanna go make breakfast?"

"Yeah but first, let's clean up." I told her, referring to our alcohol and weed odor.

We went inside my bathroom to brush our teeth and took turns showering. After blow drying our hair and applying light makeup, we headed to the kitchen to make ourselves some late breakfast. Chloe joined us as well, except she already had her breakfast hours ago. We were chatting about last night's party and I zoned out at some point when I remembered Ryder's condition last night.

He wasn't himself at all and the more I thought about it, the more disappointed I felt. I didn't even know what to do with him anymore. I couldn't like him if he continued to act this way. He didn't even spend time with me at the party, that's the sad part. But, I planned on stopping by his place to see if he's okay. I was also hoping for an explanation and an apology.

So after breakfast, Melanie tagged along to go to his place. She stayed in the car since I told her it was only a quick stop and I wasn't planning on staying for long. My hair was pulled in a high bun and my outfit was plain today, consisting of a black blouse, light blue high waisted shorts and black Jimmy Choo heels. Once I reached his door, I released a shaky breath to calm my racing heart.

What's there to be so nervous about, it's my boyfriend I'm visiting.

Lightly knocking on his door, I took a step back and waited patiently for him to open it. I felt less nervous when I heard the door unlocking and opening but my mood immediately went sour when I saw that it wasn't my boyfriend that opened the door.

Sonia stared at me, taken aback by my appearance as her brown eyes widened in alert. "V-Violet. It's not--"

I held up my palm, signaling for her to stop talking. She clamped her lips shut, fear reflecting in her eyes since she was afraid of what I was going to do next. But the funny part was that I found no use in harming her because from this point on, I'm done. Once I walk out of here, I'm considered a single girl. Although my heart was aching, I showed no evident of that and remained my poker face.