34 | jealousy's a bitch

Later on, we were all hanging out in the screen room, watching a hilarious movie that Diego picked out. I was sitting between Melanie and Stephen while everyone else filled the seats either in our same row or a couple of rows below us. Ryder constantly looked back at me from his seat two rows away but I ignored him and made sure he was aware of it too.

We all fell into a chorus of laughter when a funny scene came on. I popped a handful of popcorn into my mouth before being nudged on the side by Stephen's elbow. I turned to meet with his blue eyes, my eyebrows raising.

"Is there anything I need to know about? I feel like you're in trouble." He whispered, leaning closer to me.

"Actually, there is something I've been waiting to tell you about." I began, taking my phone out of my black hoodie's pocket. "Somebody knows about something terrible that I did."

"It's about Mason, right?"

I drew my head back at him, puzzled. "Did I tell you about stealing money from him because I don't remember telling you, unless your psychic powers told you." I told him half-jokingly, waving my hands in the air when I mentioned his powers.

Stephen let out a small laugh. "No actually, you told me when we were in Economics about three classes ago."

I blinked, dumbfounded. "Oh. Well anyways," I opened the message from the unfamiliar number. "I have no clue who this is and apparently, this person was recording me the whole night."

Stephen grabbed my phone from my hand, carefully examining the video for clues. After watching the whole recording, he rewinded the video and stopped in certain parts of it so he can watch it frame-by-frame. His eyebrows crinkled together as he focused deeply into it, trying to vision who was behind this. In the meantime, Melanie tapped my shoulder from the other side of me.

"Anything yet?" She asked, her chocolate eyes gleaming with curiosity. When I shook my head in return, her shoulders dropped in disappointment.

"He's trying to figure it out now. I just hope he does or else, I have to go on a hunt once this vacation is over." I groaned, pushing my head back.

"Don't worry about it Vio, we're going to take this bitch down." Melanie assured, holding out her fist. With a grin, I bumped mine with hers before Stephen nudged me again.

"I can't really tell you who the person is but, you might want to keep in mind that it's definitely a girl." He whispered.

A girl? I have a feeling that Wendy isn't involved in this at all so who can this girl be? I grabbed ahold of my phone, clicking on the small information icon to show him the phone number.

"By any chance, does this phone number seem familiar to you?"

Stephen looked at it, bringing the phone closer to his face. A weird expression crossed his face before he took out his own phone. My eyebrows raised when he opened his notes and started typing away, looking back and fourth between both phones.

"What are you doing?" I asked eagerly, knowing he was on the verge of figuring something out.

He displayed what he had written in his notes, pointing at the area code of the cellphone number. "Okay, so this person is obviously from Colorado--"