24 | unite

Melanie and I explained all of the events that have occurred ever since Wendy moved to Crystal Beach from her dad's house in Meadow Hillls. Stephen sat there and listened to every word, nodding his head every now and then. He already knew everything that went down before it even happened but everyone else was unaware of that. Thomas was cracking up and clapping his hands the whole time, since he barely take things serious. Maria was the only one that was still dumbfounded at the end. She just sat in silence, letting all of the information sink in.

"So let me get this straight..." she trailed off before turning to Diego and Ryder, who were both sitting on the couch across from her. "She cheated on you with you?" She asked, pointing to Ryder before pointing to Diego. They both nodded in unison, except Diego was the only one to crack a smile about it.

"Then she came onto you because she thought Ryder cheated with you?" She asked me, turning to me with a pointed finger. Maria, Melanie and I were sitting on the same couch except I was sitting on the arm of it. I nodded in response and she cocked an eyebrow. "Then that's when she showed up to your house and slapped you?"

"She slapped you?!" Ryder cut in, swiftly leaning forward on the couch in alert. His eyebrows was scrunched together, his face dropped in complete disbelief. "You never told me that part!"

I shrugged, sheepishly holding my hands up at him. "Oops."

Thomas, once again, bursted out into laughter, slapping his hand on the arm of the couch. He overexaggeratedly wiped invisible sweat from his forehead. "This is too funny! That bitch is crazy."

"Wait till you meet her, oh my gosh." Melanie put a hand over her heart dramatically, shutting her eyes. Thomas agreed with a chuckle, running his fingers through his curly, black hair that was pulled back with a white Nike headband.

I took a sip of the wine I poured myself a few minutes ago. From the corner of my eye, I spotted Ryder watching me with intensity. When I adverted my eyes onto him, his dark eyes lightened before he timidly turned his gaze to the floor.

"Violet choked her last week though." Diego laughed. Everyone immediately turned to me with bewildered expressions.

I shrugged sheepishly, "what? She has to realize who she's messing with."

"That's understandable." Stephen commented, nodding in agreement.

"Violet may look extremely innnocent and look like she wouldn't even hurt a fly but in reality, she's bad as hell and won't even hesitate to knock someone out." Diego commented, playing with the strings of his hoodie. "Trust me, I know my little sister better than anyone else."

Diego was right. Usually, people's first impression of me was that I'm either quiet, shy, calm or all of the above. They automatically assumed that happy was the only emotion I had, since they always saw me laughing or smiling. But when once people get to know me, they learn that I'm not the best influence and that I'm a daredevil. But despite all the crazy things I do, I lowkey have a good heart that I don't often show. People say I have a heart of gold but I mirror it with a black heart.

Everyone stayed for another two hours before they started to slowly disappear, one by one. The last person to leave my house was my best friend and since she lives ten minutes away, I decided to drop her off. I didn't want her walking home while it's freezing balls outside. Around six o'clock, Ryder called me about some bonfire that his friends were throwing. He mentioned it being a small, get together instead of a regular, crazy bonfire.

Thank god it's small, I'm not prepared for another huge party yet.

He came to my house to pick me up around eight o'clock. I locked my front door when I was outside, feeling the cold air through my layers of clothing. It wasn't snowing anymore so the streets were cleared, minus the frost that was forming everywhere. I was wearing a pair of black high thigh boots that were extremely furry on the inside, convenient for the cold weather. It kept me extremely warm, it was definitely worth a thousand dollars. I jumped into Ryder's car, rubbing my gloved hands together as I took in the heat from the air conditioner.