28 | tore

During my fifth period, Mason didn't bother me as much as he usually does. He would glance at me every now and then but didn't say a word to me. Thank god. At some point, I saw Wendy in the hallway but she dashed to the opposite direction when she spotted me. It was pretty entertaining to watch her squirm with fear just from the sight of me. I love having that effect on people.

After school, I pulled into Jeremy's driveway, deciding to go visit him. He never responded to my messages or called me back. He didn't even show up to school. His house was already unlocked so I invited myself inside, the living room empty and dull since all of the window's blinds were closed. I bet he's either sleeping in his room or went out for a run. I headed to the back of his retangular-formed house, where his room was located.

I opened the door with an excitable smile but it dropped when I saw a sight of something I never wanted to see. My cars keys dramatically dropped from my hand and on the floor with a clank. They both jumped from the random noise and looked at the doorway, their expressions alarmed. Jeremy and Sadey were sitting on the bed, looking like they have been entitled to each other the entire day. My blood boiled to an unimaginable temperature.

Jeremy stood up, holding his hands up in front of him. "Before you do anything crazy, just know that this is not what it looks like."

I crossed my arms on my chest, a mixture of a dry and hurt chuckle leaving my throat. "Not what it looks like? So this is why you've been avoiding me all day? Because you rather spend the day with this bitch?!" I yelled, pointing at Sadey.

Jeremy looked taken aback, blinking his eyes in a dumbfounded matter. "You texted me today?"

I scoffed, "wonderful. Now, you're acting like you didn't get my messages."

"I didn't know, I swear! I didn't even hear my phone!" He pleaded, his brown eyes sincere. I studied him for a couple of seconds before I came to conclusion that he was telling the truth. My eyes flickered over to Sadey, who was wearing a triumphiant smile on her face but returned to a blank face when I looked at her. I pursued my lips, my boots threateningly stomping on the ground as I made my way towards her.

"Give me his phone." I demanded.

"You think I have your boyfriend's phone?" She asked stupidly as if I grew a second head.

My face flamed up, my anger getting the best of me. This girl was trying to play dumb and nothing angered me more than a person who plays dumb. Plus, this isn't the first time she's done something like this.

"If you want to avoid getting knocked out again, I advise you give me the damn phone now." I ordered, my tone dripping with malice.

"Seriously, Sadey." Jeremy sighed, appearing behind my shoulder. "How did you even get my phone?"

"It doesn't matter." She stated, standing from her position on the bed and adjusted her floral shirt. Her short hair was tied in a messy bun and her eyeliner was done crookedly. I snorted at her poor attempt to look cute. "It seriously won't matter when she finds out what happened earlier."

Her last sentence threw me completely off guard, sending me five hundred feet back. "What?" I asked, dumbfounded before turning to Jeremy. "What the hell is she talking about?" Jeremy remained silent, his eyes expressing guilt. "Jeremy?"

"I'll leave you guys alone now." She walked through the empty space between Jeremy and I, neither of us not paying attention to her. The door shut, the room falling into deep silence. I rubbed my lips together, picking up Jeremy's phone that Sadey left on the previous spot she was on.