New Years Surprises

~Chapter Twenty One~

{ New Years Surprises }

- New Years Day -

- 5 days since the attic incident -

Melody•

The clock read 9:47 a.m. as I laid in my tangled sheets. I reached under the the loose floor board I hid stuff in and pulled out Luke's journal I had found.

I had been reading it the last few days.

The more I read it the more I liked werewolves. I was still surprised Luke even had a journal. Even if it hasn't been written in for a year or so.

The door opened unexpectedly and I shoved the book underneath my pillow.

"Hey." Luke barged in and sat on my bed. I think he would be pissed if he knew I had his journal.

"Hey Luke." I said.

"So uh, I hope you didn't have any plans tonight." He frowned.

"I don't know why?" I asked.

"Dads home. He said he wanted us home tonight." He said and we both rolled our eyes.

"That's stupid." I muttered as Luke stood up and walked out.

"Tell me about it." He said before walking away.

I waited until he closed my door and pulled out his journal. I read about wolfs bane and Alphas. I began to wonder how he knew so much for being an Omega.

I got tired of reading and put the book back in the floor boards, making my way downstairs.

"Good Morning Melody." My dad said, typing something on his laptop.

"Good morning dad." I walked into the kitchen, trying not to sound agitated.

I had my reasons to be mad at him. He hasn't been here for any holiday, and then he gives us money thinking it will help anything. I don't even know where these 'business' trips are about.

For all I know my dad could be a drug smuggler or dealer.

"Melody you don't have any plans tonight right?" He asked me as I opened up the fridge to take out the milk.

"Not anymore." I said.

"Sorry if you wanted to see your friends. I just think with me being away, you guys probably did plenty of teenage antics and troubles. So it's best for you to stay in my vision tonight." He rambled.

"Yeah sure." I grumbled. Pouring fruity pebbles into my bowl. If only he knew half the stuff we did when he was gone. I sat across the table from him and stared into my bowl.

"How are you and that Ethan guy going along?" He asked.

"Great." I said. Like he cared.

"That's good. I got your report card." He continued typing.

"And?" I didn't care, I wasn't a bad student.

"A's and B's." he smiled,

"Cool."

"You're not very talkative today." He ran his fingers through his black hair

And looked up at me.

"Just tired." I set my now empty bowl into the sink and started walking to the staircase.

"Oh and Melody , I'm taking Luke out for some father son bonding. We will be leaving in about five minutes." He shut his laptop and looked at Luke on the couch.