Slow Dances & Roses

~Chapter Seventeen~

{ Slow Dances & Roses }

•Melody•

I stared at my reflection in the mirror and finished curling the last part of my hair. Even though I had no date or anything I figured It'd be cool to go to an actually prom or dance.

I decided to get the dress Ethan said he liked and it fit perfectly. I also loved the minty color it was. Since it went past my ankles I just wore my black converse underneath, I wasn't a fan of heels at all. If I tried even walking in wedges I would look like an awkward animal. The dress was strapless so I I wanted to find a necklace. I dug through a box I never bothered to open when I moved here. I had a little box with a few of my moms belongings, inside was a sparkly heart pendant on a silver chain, perfect. My blonde hair was curled and fell down my back in twists. It was ten till eight. I walked down the stairs to see Luke and Ashley snapping pictures.

"You look hot sis." Luke said and winked.

"Thanks. Because that's not weird at all." I laughed sarcastically.

"He has a point." Ashley winked.

"Who are you going with?" Luke fixed his tux again.

"No one." I said and Luke gave me a weird look.

"Oh. Well that's okay." He gave me an awkward half hug and we walked out to his truck. I got a better look at Ashley. No wonder my brother liked her, he wore a tight, short, silver dress and huge heels. Her brown hair was in a huge up do on her head. Luke drove and Ashley sat in the middle next to him while I awkwardly sat like a loner in the passenger seat. We pulled up through the slosh of he school parking lot and I hopped out. Ashley however threw a fit about walking in the wet snow and Luke carried her bridal style into the school. Before I was about to walk in someone tapped on my shoulder. I turned around to see Ethan with a cute smirk and his hands in his pockets.

"Oh uh...hi." I said blushing. He looked hot as heck in his black tux.

"Hey uh I have something to give you." He pulls out a small container and I eye him questioningly. I take the box and inside is a single rose on a black ribbon. I immediately knew it was a corsage.

"I tried to get pink carnations because I knew you liked them but the lady t the shop said it stood for a mothers love and that was kind of awkward so..." He saw I stuck out my wrist and he put it on me.

"What does the rose mean?" I asked and looked down at it.

"Uh...ill tell you l-later." He stammered and then relaxed. He took my hand and gave me a sexy half smile. I had a date to the dance all along I just didn't realize it.

We went through the front door and had the yearbook committee take our picture. Ethan wrapped his arms around my waist and we both smiled. Talia ran up to me and her eyes went wide,"That dress is sooooo pretty." She hugged me and left back on to the dance floor. I stood next to Ethan as he listened to the some other football players talk. A slow song started playing and I recognized it as "Just A Kiss" by Lady Antebellum. Ethan turned his attention to me and stuck out his hand, "will you dance with me?" He asked and I couldn't help the huge smile plastered on my face as I took his warm hand.

We stood and he put his strong arms around me, I put my hands around his neck as we swayed to the music.

"You look beautiful." He whispered and sent chills through me. He spun me once and pulled me in even closer, Our foreheads were almost touching. I rested my head on his shoulder and I could feel his breath in my ear,

"Melody..."

"Yeah?" I whispered back.

"Be my girlfriend? I can't stand being around you as just a friend and if you don't wanna date that's oka-" I cut of his whispers and looked into his big blue eyes.