Secrets

~Chapter Sixteen~

{ Secrets }

•Ethan•

I can't believe I was about to tell her. I was about to tell her the other side of me.

"Ethan where are we going?" She whined.

I didn't reply, we were already here. It was a clearing in the forest a few miles from my house. Trees towered overhead as a chilly breeze went through. Melody shivered and I forgot she wasn't as warm as I was and it was the beginning of December.

"It freezing! What did you have to tell me!" She was getting agitated by the sound in her voice.

"Melody..." I said in a hoarse whisper, I took a few steps away and she looked at me questioningly, "I'm going to show you something...p-please don't run away..." She looked at me and nodded.

"What?" The cold air made her breath come out in little fog clouds.

I took off my black shirt and tossed it on the frosty ground.

"Ethan what are you doing?" She blushed when she saw my abs but for some reason I couldn't laugh.

I closed my eyes and focused on my inner wolf. My breathing became more heavy and rapid and I could feel my pulse rise. I dared not open my eyes to see Melody. The searing burning sensation flowed through my body and I could feel the shift. Next thing I know I'm a full wolf. I could be a half wolf but it makes me a dude with hair everywhere and sideburns.

I opened my eyes and my eyesight was enhanced because of my wolf body. Melody stood a few feet away, her hazel eyes wide.

I slowly took a step and she stood stiff as a board. I couldn't talk (obviously) but I could feel her feelings. I had never felt someone else's feelings as my own before. She was surprised, amazed, scared. She was scared of me. I slowly took another step and another, my snout was inches from her face and i was surprised when she stuck out a hand and gently touched my nose.

"Ethan?" She asked. I looked her in the eyes and I knew she recognized my blue orbs of eyes.

"How is this possible?" She gently ran her fingers through my light grey fur even though I was much much bigger than her.

She would never realize how much guts it took to show this.

"I'm not scared of you..." She said and before hesitating a bit, she wrapped her small arms around my neck.

"But you have a lot of explaining to do..." She laughed slightly.

Melody

He growled deep in his throat, he bit the hood of my jacket and yanked me toward him protectively. I spun around and a another wolf stood in front of the clearing. He was the same size as Ethan, only he was a brown burgundy color. His eyes glowed a Carmel and I immediately recognized him.

Eli Tomas.

Eli was a freaking werewolf?

I wasn't crazy! That night there was a wolf! But I didn't think Ethan was one, I didn't think they exist at all!

Eli growled, turned, and ran off into the fresh snow that began to fall. I turned to Ethan and he was human again.

I was entirely speechless.

I put my hand on his bare chest and looked up at him,

"It was you...that night..." I whispered, my breath was cold and bitter.

"Yeah." He laughed and whispered.

"That explains the wolfsbane." I said.

"How about we talk about this later? Your lips are turning purple." He smiled and took my hand in his warm ones.